Reference: Hermes Pronunciation Guide

This post is so lovely!!! Big thanks to everyone who contributed!!!

P.S. I recently placed a order on H.com Canada, and the customer service representative who called me to confirm my address actually pronounced Hermes in the English way.... LOL I was totally surprised by that

Could someone confirm "togo"?
How about "izmir" like the colour blue izmir?
Guilloche?
Gris Tourterelle?
Argile?

toe-go
iss-meer
ee-osh (like the o in ocean) the "g" at the beginning is barely there
gree-tour-teh-rell-a (rel like rel(ative) with a short lingering (a) "uh" at the end
are-gheel-a (see above for ending)

corrections, augmentations welcome! :graucho:

It's a proper noun, so rules for common nouns do not apply.

If Hermès were a common noun, then 's' would probably have been silent like in "après". On the contrary, in proper nouns, the "ès" combination often means that "s" will be pronounced. E.g., a girl's name Agnès is also pronounced with an "s".

This is the correct pronunciation of Hermès: http://www.larousse.fr/dictionnaires/francais/hermès/39686?q=hermes#39608
Wow, I can't believe that I never noticed (learned!!!) that rule, even though I pronouce the S in Agnès, Hermès, Barbès, Inès, and don't pronounce it in après, près, grès...

The audio in the link above has the emphasis on the last syllable... yet in other posts here it says the first syllable has the emphasis... Sooo confusing!!
I know this question is old, but one rule is easy: in French, the emphasis is ALWAYS on the end of the word, except if the last syllabe is one with a mute E: laboratoir(e), or Hermès

It's "an Hermès". Like "an homage", etc.

The "z" guide for English speakers is because "s" in French is much less sibilant than in English. Correct is probably somewhere in between from a US/UK Anglais point of view.