Reese & Ryan Split

1. Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe have separated. The couple's rep released a statement to TMZ Monday morning that says "We are saddened to announce that Reese & Ryan have decided to formally separate. They remain committed to their family and we ask that you please respect their privacy and the safety of their children at this time."

Sources tell TMZ Witherspoon has contacted celebrity divorce lawyer Robert Kaufman, who has represented Jennifer Aniston, Roseanne and Lisa Marie Presley.

Sources say Witherspoon spoke with Kaufman about divorcing Ryan Phillippe, her husband of seven years. The couple has two children. They met at Witherspoon's 21st birthday party.

As for why Witherspoon contacted Kaufman, we're told it was not triggered by one event. Rather, one connected source says it was "cumulative."

Divorce papers have not yet been filed.

So sad! I love them as a couple.:crybaby:
  2. Another H'wood couple bites the dust. I really liked these two. They seemed so happy together. Wait a minute, I don't wanna believe everything I read now! I hope it ain't true!
  3. OMG! I really hope it is not true! I really thought they were happy!
  4. TMZ is usually pretty accurate. And I've read before that they were struggling.
  5. :crybaby: No, no, no....I hope it's not true....or they can work it! I love them! They seem so down to earth!
  6. noooooooo! :crybaby: Even though I love them together, I was always so afraid of this happening!!
  7. All I can do is shake my head...a lovely couple.
  8. What?! Say it isn't so :crybaby:
  9. i've read that in the past, too. shame; they were cute together.
  10. it was so obvious that they had trouble...when you saw them on T.V. in interviews their was no conection between them they were cold towards each other
  11. Bummer makes me sad....
  12. that's sad.
  13. Oh no!, they're one of my favorite couples! always look so happy together.... wow, looks can be deceiving ...
  14. This is horrible... I loved Ryan & Reese together!