Red Patent - What do you think?

1. What do you think of this red patent Celine bag? Unfortunately, this is the best picture I could try to get off Celine's website.

I'm looking for a substitute for my red Jimmy Choo Mahala that has been sitting in my closet. The Celine looks more structured in comparison (which I like), but my fiance thought that for a designer bag, it just didn't have the "wow" factor that some other bags have.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. :flowers: I just seem to have the hardest time finding the perfect red bag.
  2. I like it. I like the color, shape and handle. Go for it!
  3. I love red patent! I say go for it!
  4. Wow, I LOVE it! The shape is great. I say go for it :yes:
  5. I think sometimes you really need to see patent in person because it doesn't always photograph as it appears in real life, so if it were me I'd make sure I could return it. However, I think this looks gorgeous and have a strong feeling it will be fabulous :tup:
  6. Hi, bags can look so different in person compared to their pic...personally I always have to physically feel the leather etc....and i like to put the bag on my shoulder and see what is looks like in the mirror. Make sure you can return if need be. I like red...its a statement. Good luck.
  7. I'm picky about the shade of red in my handbags so I'd definitely need to see it IRL before buying it.
  8. I like red patent but I also agree with HitchcockBlonde and Leelee. I'm sure you'll decide what's best, since you're obviously giving it this much thought! :tup:
  9. Hitchcock, I completely agree that patent looks much different in person. I have seen this bag IRL and the picture doesn't do it justice.

The really wish I could buy it, take it home to compare with my closet and then make a decision. The problem is that it is on sale (:tup:), but it is final sale and I would have to keep it (:tdown:).
  10. Marcelle, I love doing the same thing as well. I tried this bag on at the store and liked how ladylike it looked because it can be carried or worn on the crook of your arm. The handle is a little small to fit over my shoulder, but I don't think I would mind carrying it instead.
  11. Red Patent is sexy! I say go for it!
  12. personally not for me as I think it will date very quickly
  13. Looking dated is one of my concerns. The other is whether it has the quality look of a designer bag, or whether this bag will be knocked off. :confused1:
  14. Love red patent!
  15. I have to agree with the others here. I'd have to see it IRL before I make a final determination on whether to purchase or not. I need to feel the leather, look at the insides of the bag (fabric, pockets, location of pockets), see what it looks like against me, and figure out if it fits with the colors of my wardrobe (and if not, time to go shopping!)

But I also have to agree with your fiance. It just doesn't scream WOW for a designer bag, even though the colors available sure do. The bottom line is, you're the one living with and carrying the bag. If you can afford to buy it, you should go for it.

Funny thing, I, too, am looking for a great red patent leather bag. Am having a hard time finding one that's worth the price. Sigh...