red lipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayken

Sep 1, 2006
Hi... I Am In Search Of A Sheer Red Lipstick. I Have Found Many Of The Reds Out There ( Chanel, Nars, Etc..) To Be Kind Of Dry And Chalky. Any Suggestions?

I know what you mean about dry and chalky! I went in search of my red lipstick and finally settled for the MAC chili in matte. I do place some gloss over it sometimes and it's OK.

I saw an ad for a beautiful red lipstick from Clarins, and I don't think it's matte (dry and chalky). Good luck!

If you have access to Cargo Cosmetics (Sephora sells it) they have a new line of lipsticks that are very very sheer and moisturizing, and you can actually plant the outer box that the lipstick comes in (there are wildflower seeds embedded in the packaging). If you live in the US, some TV and Movie celebs designed some really pretty shades. They have several shades of red that you might want to check out. I would say these lipsticks are almost trasnparent on, you just layer them for more intensity. :yes:

I like the lip stains by Hard Candy and Lip Envy. You can get them at Sephora. They're sheer and last a really long time. I use a gloss over them to make my lips shiny, but they look nice all on their own too.

Status
Not open for further replies.