Red Lipstick

1. Does anyone have recommendation for a true red lipstick that is universally flattering? Not coral or pinkish.
  2. i think blue reds are flattering for all types of skin tones..ive been using this new dior lipstick "celebrity red" that looks pretty good on me and trust me, i am real picky about red lipsticks! hope u find the perfect red lipstick =D
  3. russian red by mac
  4. I don't think there is one that is universally flattering. Finding the best red lipstick for you is, in my opinion, right up there with finding the best jeans.

And I have to disagree with kuriso, blue-red is great for brunettes with blue undertones, and many with golden undertones, but some people look much better in a warm, russet-toned red, for example, most fair skinned redheads will do better experimenting with those, but because there are so many variables, many very subtle, from skin tone to that rainbow of undertones, to eye and hair color and even bone structure (which will affect how light hits the lips) that trial and error, and a lot of it, is the only sure way to find YOUR red - and it may not be a "true" red at all!

The absolute best one I have found recently is a high-pigment gloss called Extreme Lustre or something, about $3 at Sally's, the shade called "Scarlet" is a beautiful blue-red, spectacular on brunettes with the blue and gold undertones, especially this one. ;)

5. I have this, when I wear it I only wear eyeliner and mascara it is very bold :yes:

6. Actually. There is one.
    I've put it on Japanese women, Sudanese women, German women, Irish women....
    It looks amazing an all skin tones.

It's Dubbonet by MAC.;)
  7. I am brunette with yellow undertones ,brown/green eyes and I find that Shanghai Express(NARS) suits me best.
  8. That's the one I use.

Dubonnet. :yes:

Edit: I wanted to add ... It looks even better when I color my lip in with MAC's Burgundy lip pencil before I apply the Dubonnet.
  9. Dia, my coloring is probably similar to yours. I'm taking notes of these and will try them all. I just wish makeup counters gave samples of lip colors.
  10. I must of drove every makeup counter at the mall crazy. I ended up really liking MAC Russian Red and Dubonnet on me. So I got both of them. :smile:
  11. I love Chanel's Coco Red, but ShimmaPuff is right, you really need to see what looks right on you. It's amazing how different two similar colors will look against your skin.
  12. Russian Red by MAC.
  13. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chanel's Lover! It is my all time favorite red!
  14. I also have Chanel's Lover ... it's a beautiful color but sadly doesn't suit my skin tone as well as it does my best friend.
  15. Chanel Lover is THE color for this season! It is the PERFECT red! The lipstick case is beautiful too. Check it out! :yes: