Recommended Fiction Authors?

1. I think I have exhausted my favorite fiction authors. I have read James Patterson, John Grisham, Carly Phillips, Sandra Brown, Philip Margolin, Mary Higgens Clark, Dan Brown and Iris Johanssen. Can you recommend some of your favorite authors and / or books? Thanks!
  2. John Sandford--The Prey Series.
  3. Michael Connelly, Jeffrey Deaver, Anna Quindlen, Nelson DeMille are all great, they are all the same type of authors you are currently reading. (I almost wish I could read all their books over again).

Also, Have you ever read The Witching Hour, great book, plus there are 2 or 3 sequels. I love books with sequels.
  4. If you like Sandra Brown and Carly Philips, you might like Susan Elizabeth Phillips.

Fun mystery authors are Jennifer Sturman and Jane Hitchcock.
  5. I second the John Sandford Prey series. Also check out Alex Kava. Catherine Coulter has an FBI series that's pretty good. I also like Wendy Corsi Staub.
  6. Neal Stephenson I loved the Cryptonomicon and Diamond Age

Also, if you like historic fiction, you might like the house Niccolo series by Dorothy Dunnett. I couldn't put them down!
  7. Michael Chabon, Jonathan Franzen, Charles Bukowski, Anton Chekov, Milan Kundera, Haruki Murakami.
  8. Kayla Perrin does great Romance/Mystery movies. Also if you're looking for something a little more "romantic" I recommend Zane. She is my favorite author by far right now.
  9. Thanks so much for the suggestions, everyone! I have been stuck and now I have so many options!
  10. You will LOVE Patricia Cornwell!!! My fav book of hers is "From Potter's Field". She is my fav author!!! :smile:
  11. Anne Rice:heart:
  12. Zane's books are so steamy!

I really liked the book Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger
  13. Based on the authors you have been reading, I agree with Ms. P in regards to Nelson Demille. He's similar to Grisham and Patterson, except even better!
  14. Chuck Palahniuk!!
  15. I don't know about you, but when I read a book I feel as if I am just starting to get to know the characters and I need to read more books with the same characters.

Here are a few of my favorites:

For wonderful, witty. philosophical novels, you have got to try the Travis McGee series by John D. MacDonald. Old, but timeless.

Jonathan and Faye Kellerman both write good mysteries. His books feature Alex Delaware, a shrink who solves mysteries and his friendships and relationships. Her books feature a police lt. married to an othodox jewish woman and the interactions between his job and their religion. She also has a few about another female officer and there is a certain amount of interaction of the characters from series to series.

Karin Slaughter writes about a female pediatrician/coronor and her on again off again marriage to the chief of police in a small town in Georgia.

John Connolly and Michael Connolly are both good, I frequently buy one thinking it is the other, one of them has Harry Bosch who is a cop in CA and the other one has a cop/ex-cop in Maine and New York and slightly more surreal plot-lines.

James Lee Burke writes stories featuring Dave Robichaux, a cop in Louisina, his buddy Cleetus the crazy ex-cop turned bail bondsman and their various dealiings with corrupt cops, mobsters and an assortment of wives and girlfriends.

Can you tell I like to read?