Recommendations for my Paris trip!

So jealous! Everyone else has made such great suggestions. They reopened the Monet exhibit at Le Concergerie in the Tuilieres - if you're a monet fan, I've heard that's the best place to see the paintings (natural light and all). otherwise, I just loved walking down the Rue de Faubourg.

And if you want to try the best dpt store without crowd of the saturdays..try Le Bon Marché on the left Bank ...not far from Ladurée Bonaparte.
For sunday you could have a great walk and nice lunch in Le Marais...maybe before or after Musée d'Orsay...
For restaurants it depends on what do you looking for...give me some clues, and I'll be glad to help :smile:

Good ideas, thank you! I am already planning to go to Le Bon Marché
Restaurants - Ones with vegetarian and light options... Most places have 3 courses with meat, fish, cheese... It is just too much food. I know these traditional french restaurants will just not suit :sad: Vegetarian is a must

I was going to recommend Angelina's but winternight beat me to it ;) Just don't make the mistake I did the first time, which was an order of the hot chocolate and a chocolate tarte.... total chocolate overload!

OMG! That's total chocolate overlord - I'm crazy about chocolate and I had chocolate overload just on the hot chocolate at Angelina's.

If you're vegetarian you'll want to go a la carte on a menu - not a big deal. Why not ask your hotel when you arrive. Also there are plenty of cheese dishes you can get. Of course if you were vegan in France I have no idea how you'd eat!

Good ideas, thank you! I am already planning to go to Le Bon Marché
Restaurants - Ones with vegetarian and light options... Most places have 3 courses with meat, fish, cheese... It is just too much food. I know these traditional french restaurants will just not suit :sad: Vegetarian is a must

Sorry I don't know any vegetarian restaurant:shame: ...
I hope you'll have a wonderful time here :yahoo: !

Paris is by far my favourite city, I even prefer it to London. I did an Art History degree and personally think that if you are just going to one gallery in Paris and are interested in art you should visit the Louvre, it is amazing and has a fantastic gallery with works by David, Gros, Delacroix, Ingres etc. The Orsay is also very good but it's mostly impressionist works although there are some beautiful paintings by Degas there and Toulouse Lautrec, there is also a wicked glass floor, there is also a beautiful painting by Cabanel on the first floor.

I would also go to Sacre Coeur, there in the square behind is a lovely inexpensive but lovely restaurant called Chez Eugene, the atmosphere is fantastic and the food is surprisingly good, the decor is also gorgeous.

The catacombs are worth a look but a little creepy as the tunnel goes on for ages and you feel as though you are the only person there! The Luxembourg gardens are also lovely, The Picasso museum is worth a look and the Pompidou is great if just for the view over Paris from the top of the escalators, on a clear day you can see the Eiffel tower and Sacre Coeur.

Notre Dame is also a must, it is breathtakingly beautiful, a trip to Versailles is also worth doing, it takes about 40 mins on the train. There is also a street near the University, (can't remember what it's called) but it has a lovely house designed by Le Courbusier.

You should also make a trip to the Opera House and see Chagall's ceiling as it is so so beautiful. The observatory is also good and the revolutionary museum where you can see Napoleon's costumes and things.

You will seriously love Paris, if there is anything else you would like to know please ask!