Recommendation for non-edible bones for REALLY tough chewers?

Be careful with canned pumpkin, it's a natural laxitive in dogs.

The only toy I have for my girls that wasn't destroyed by either Lady's huge jaws nor Tip's little needle like teeth other than a Kong was a "petrified" bone. It's weird... looks like a regular leg bone off a cow or other large animal, but it's even harder than bone. It's also hollow so I could put peanut butter inside if I wanted.

Oh, and the "red" Kongs seem to be made by another company... the whole "feel" to them is diffferent. I'm not sure though.

Be careful about giving your dogs rawhide... most can't digest it, and some of them imported from China are actually preserved with arsnenic! At least they used to be, this may have changed. Not enough obviously to kill a dog, but over time it can make them very sick. (My vet told me about the rawhide chews.) She also told me they are the number ONE cause of bowel obstructions.

Had a friend who had a Blue Pit Bull... he gave the doh a spare tire on a rope hung from a tree to play with. Said it was the only toy the dog couldn't eat!

Had a friend who had a Blue Pit Bull... he gave the dog a spare tire on a rope hung from a tree to play with. Said it was the only toy the dog couldn't eat!

I also know someone who gives their dog tires, outside of course.

Just watch out for the Kongs. I know they say that they are in-destructible, but in some cases they aren't. My last dog chewed one up, and the breeder that I purchased my current puppy from had about $5000 in vet bills to remove the Kong pieces from his dogs stomach.

My puppy loves to chew. He is currently working on the supposed toughest nylabone there is. He has made bite marks in it, but hasn't gotten anything off of it. They are called nylabone big chews and come in a few different flavors.

We always buy the chicken flavored NylaBones for Spirit as Christmas or birthday presents...and we wrap them up in wrapping paper because she loves to open presents!

We leave the PB filled Kongs out for her, as she mainly just licks the pb out and doesn't try to eat the Kong. She does try to eat the NylaBone.

Twinkie pretty much likes whatever Spirit is chewing on at the moment or whatever shoe happens to catch her attention...grrrr.

"The only toy I have for my girls that wasn't destroyed by either Lady's huge jaws nor Tip's little needle like teeth other than a Kong was a "petrified" bone. It's weird... looks like a regular leg bone off a cow or other large animal, but it's even harder than bone. It's also hollow so I could put peanut butter inside if I wanted."

That is what I buy- they are bleached, so there is no flavoring to upset tummies. They sound like the dogs are going to break their teeth on them, but they don't. I get them at petsmart. They also don't get slimy like regular chews.