Received original mamma today... Not as described! :(

1. So tokidokiangel had posted pretty recently about receiving an item from the eBay seller mavic7764 (black original bella) that had a replaced silver rivet instead of all green tokidoki original ones...

Well I purchased a mamma from the same seller that was advertised as new, never used... And the leather has dirt smudges and TWO of the green tokidoki rivets are missing and have been replaced with silver generic ones...

I paid SO MUCH over retail for this bag because I really really wanted it... The seller never said anything about all this, item is totally not as described...

I just sent the seller a message on eBay but I'm really disappointed right now... :tdown:

2. Ah snapcat, I'm so sorry to hear that.:crybaby::cursing: I was hoping your bag was going to be OK after hearing what happened to tokidokiangel. Hopefully, the seller will be cooperative. Keep us posted.

3. WTF? It also looks like the zipper pull was replaced?! Like everything on this bag looks completely genuine, but the bottom of the zipper pull does -not- say riri, and it looks like it has been replaced because it doesn't match the rest of the hardware...

And the bottom of the bag has a few small spots like pen marks or something? ACK!!!

4. Man that totally blows, I would file complaints ASAP, especially with Paypal if thats how you paid. It seems there is a lot of that going around right now.

5. Yeah it looks like the zipper pull was replaced, because the zipper pull is black plastic without the riri, but all the rest of the hardware on the bag is the normal colored (green and blue) metal (of course not including the two replaced rivets, which are silver metal)

I'm going to see what the seller has to say first, but I am very very upset now...

6. Ok after a detailed comparison between my original bella bella, and this original mamma I have concluded that my bag is probably not fake, because everything else looks exactly right, but has a replaced zipper pull...

7. S/He must be getting damaged items and fixing them. Which is fine IF you disclose the damages and repairs, but NOT fine if you don't mention them.

8. Still though...if you paid wayy over retail then i don't see how she could not even tell you of the problems....I mean smudges and replaced rivets and zipper pulls? most def not NEW.............

9. Yeah definitely... I mean the sad thing is this is still a cute bag so I -might- have considered buying it for way below retail before but DEFINITELY not the price I paid for it!!!

10. LOL.

Okay update:

The seller emailed me back... NOT via eBay, which bothers me a little, but to my regular email that the bag I received was 'not they described in the auction, and that I must have 'accidently' received the wrong one' and that I could either keep the bag I got for half the money, or get a refund sent in the mail with a money order...

Couldn't the seller just refund my money via paypal easier? I find this all kind of odd...

Also, this is definitely the same bag that was described in the auction, it has the exact same placement AND now that I know what to look for, I can see that what I thought was camera glare in the slightly blurry picture is really actually the silver rivet hardware.

I just know this seller will relist the bag on ebay as soon as they get it back... I hope someone else doesn't have his happen to them.

I wonder if I'll really even get the refund?

11. Hmmm.. I wonder if this seller must knows they are being talked about here.

If you "acidentally" received the "wrong" bag why can't they now send you the "right" bag?

I always give people the benefit of the doubt and am amazed at how hard a lot of the people here are on eBay sellers, but even I'm not feeling the love on this one.

12. oh no snapcat! that really sucks. it def. sounds as if the seller is getting used/old bags and fixing them to sell. keep the email and see if you can get the seller to refund you through paypal. if they give you any hassle, report them to ebay and file a complaint with paypal. good luck!

13. Aww...I hate this for you. I was wanting to bid on that bag because it is sooo cute. I am sorry..I would definitely report this to ebay though and file a paypal complaint if they don't paypal you the money they owe you back.

14. It's up to you if you want it for 1/2 price or just a refund, but regardless, I think they owe you the funds back via Paypal. Money order would not be acceptable to me as a form of refund due to risk with lost mail, delays, etc. espec. when you paid by Paypal in the first place.

15. Did you pay for the bag via Paypal? If so, the refund should also happen via Paypal. Offering a money order instead sounds like an excuse to buy time so that you run out of time to file a claim with Paypal.