Rec'd Letter about my Repair but I have a question

1. Well, no Black Friday shopping for me today, but the mailman did bring me good news!

I sent in my Holiday Gallery Tote for repair. The ocelot haircalf was literally rubbing off.
    Coach sent me a letter stating that they were offering me a credit of $398.00 so I'm really happy and very impressed with the good service.

What I don't understand is that the letter says they will hold my original itgem for 30 days before discarding.

So can I ask for it back? Or is it either the credit or the bag?

I'm hoping someone can clarify.

2. I'm pretty sure you get either the credit or you can have your bag back. You can't have both.

3. That does sound good!

You get the credit or the bag back.

4. Maybe it's their way of letting you know that you have 30 days to change your mind about the credit before they discard the bag.

5. I had purchased a bag off eBay that was broken, so I got it really cheap. Then I called Coach and they told me to ship it to them and they'd try to repair it. Well, they couldn't so they gave me $300 credit for it! I think I only paid $90 for it off eBay! They also said they had that bag in stock if I just wanted a replacement. I ended up taking the credit and ordering a different bag.

6. Hmmm...on my black legacy bag the turnkey lock broke and they just repaired it. I was hoping they would replace it or give me a credit but sadly they did not. :tdown:

7. ^ COach has pretty stringent standards as to what they are able to repair, and what they will offer if they cannot. I had sent a 6 yr-old bag in for repair on my handle and they couldn't since the bag was retired. They sent my bag back with a letter for 40% off which is the max they can offer for such an older style, so it just depends. If the bag is a current style, they will replace it or give credit.