Reba

1. Does anyone else watch this comedy? It is my secret guilty pleasure...I even bought the first season on DVD and the friend I was with at the time was like WTF?! LOL...I can't help it, I'm addicted to a show that's very uncharacteristic of me.

Anyone else?

2. I used to love Reba until she took such glee in bashing the Dixie Chicks three years ago at CMA and again at CMA this year. I thought her comments were totally classless. Ever since then I find it hard to watch her on anything. Sort of what I call "The Tom Cruise Syndrome". When a celebrity goes so over the top and insults their fan base so severely (yes, Tommy, post-partum IS real), that you don't want to line their pockets.

Aside from that, the few clips I've see of it seem like another over-acted, contrived, poor comedy with a PAINFULLY irritating laugh track!

3. I enjoy that show so much-I dont know who cracks me up more, Van or Barbara Jean. I'm wondering if Scarlet Pomers is going to come back-she's had that problem with anorexia which is why she hasn't been on this season. Her character was getting interesting with the music thing. I never miss this show!

4. ^ Barbara Jean cracks me up. She's sooo annoying, yet so lovable :p

I heard about the girl that plays Kiera character going through an eating disorder. I do hope she comes back. I love how sarcastic she is :angel:

5. ^^^ I loved Reba and her show as well, until her Dixie Chicks comment. Now, I'm not the biggest D.C. fan, but the same applies for me as well in terms of the Tom Cruise syndrome. It's sad, because it's a guilty pleasure of mine as well. I didn't know about SP (Kiera) having and ED. That's so sad. Hope she is able to recover!

6. I am not a fan of Reba's music and don't follow news associated with her, so I wasn't aware about this issue.

It's too bad, but I do love her show.

7. I love this show...my favorite character is Van. Did they cancel it? Or is it coming back for one more season?

8. It's scheduled for at least one more season, I believe. It's the WB's highest rated comedy.

9. They are showing season 1 on Lifetime now and I love it. It reminds me of some great southern gals I know in real life. I should also say I have been watching this since day 1 so none of the Lifetime episodes are new for me, but I love seeing early Barbara Jean,LOL!

10. I Never Watched It, Until This Week (I'm A Crazy Lifetime Fan...& Accidentially Came Across It!).......I Love It Already, I'm Addicted. I Think I May Buy The 1st Season On DVD.

11. Never watched it 'till I saw it on Lifetime...and now its over!!! The last new episodes premiered last week, and now I might buy the first season....its definetly a guilty pleasure!!!:shame:

12. I like the show, but I had no idea she bashed D.C. I love them and was very impressed that Natalie had the guts to say what she did, so if Reba is on the other side of the spectre than that, I guess I have to reconsider what I think about her :s

13. i LOVE her show, dont know much about her as a person IRL.

i have ALL the seasons.. except for the latest one.. hahaha! i feel like such a GEEK!!!

i watch it on both WB and Lifetime, over and over and over again! the show kept me company while my husband was overseas hehe! kept me from crying!

14. What Reba said was:
    "Boy, I don't know why I was so nervous about hosting this show this year... I mean, if the Dixie Chicks can sing with their foot in their mouth then surely I can host this sucker."

That was probably in response to what one of the Dixie Chicks said:

"I'd rather have a small following of really cool people who get it, who will grow with us as we grow and are fans for life, than people that have us in their five-disc changer with Reba McEntire and Toby Keith," Maguire said. "We don't want those kinds of fans. They limit what you can do."

I don't think the Dixie Chicks meant anything against Reba per se, but it came out wrong. I think what they meant was while it's good country music, it's typical country music. The Dixie Chicks are not typical.

And as for what she said about the Dixie Chicks in response to "Just so ya'll know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas." I think it's fine if Reba disagrees. It's to be expected that some country singers will disagree. (Toby Keith took it a TAD too far, though, and his warmongering song "Courtesy of the Red White and Blue" isn't helping matters.)

(The Dixie Chicks had a right, as Americans, to say what they said. Although it's to be expected that there would be some backlash, but threatening to kill them was a tad overdoing it.)

*sigh.*

All that being said, I like the show Reba.

15. Reba: So how are you doing in here?
    Cheyenne: Good, Van fell between the beds, once when we weren't even doing anything!
    Reba: I really gotta stop asking questions...

Reba: There's no teenage orgy on our lawn. There's a couple frisky squirrels but I just tell Jake they're dancing.

Kyra: Dad, have you met me? Do I look like a person who sips tea??
    Brock: I'm sorry, BJ said this place was fun.
    Kyra: BJ collects Beanie Babies.

Reba: Of course he's (Van) not afraid of you. He could snap you like a twig.
    Mrs. Montgomery (excited): A twig?!

Funeral Arranger: Would you prefer a open or closed casket?
    Brock: Closed, and locked.

Reba: So the priest left during confession?
    Lori Ann: All I said was that he had nice eyes!
    Reba: You are a desperate, desperate woman.

Kyra: I thought you said Barbra Jean is where brain cells go when they die.

Reba (walks into kitchen): I think your Daddy is ready to go!
    Cheyenne: I don't think Dad wants to get there, he circled a spot on the map and labeled it "engine trouble". What are you doing?
    Reba: Making breakfast. (cuts up grapefruit)
    Cheyenne: A grapefruit?? Don't you usually eat something good, like ham and sausage between pancakes?
    Reba: I wanted a grapefruit...soooo?
    Cheyenne (smiles): Didn't you go to the gym yesterday??
    Reba: I went out for a cheeseburger, I was in my sweats, it just happened.
    Cheyenne (nods happily): Oh my God! You are so cute! But Mom you can relax you have a great body.
    Reba (looks stunned): Ohh.. well this is an awkward mother-daughter moment.
    (zips up jacket)
    Cheyenne: It's cause Brian's got a hot body riight? Mom, don't worry I'm sure he thinks you look great naked!
    Reba (jaw drops): I think your father is ready to go! (starts to push Cheyenne through door)
    Cheyenne: What are you so freaked out about....we can talk about stuff like this?!?!
    Reba: Cheyenne, Stop! This is none of your business. You are my child, not my girlfriend! I appreciate your interest, and that you think Brian has a "hot" body, but this isn't something I'm comfortable talking to you about.
    Cheyenne: Mom....I may be your daughter but I am also a married woman. I think this is great, as long as you two are being careful!
    (Reba embarassed keeps chopping grapefruit
    Cheyenne: (looks surprised) You are being careful right?!?!?!
    Reba: Cheyenne! Yes! Very Careful! 100% fool-proof careful!!
    Cheyenne: Oh... I just thought...
    Reba: No!
    Cheyenne: Not even a little bit?
    Reba: I don't fully understand that question, but no.

Barbra Jean: (on the video tape, walks in and sits down on the edge of the bed and looks around the room) Wow. The last time I was videotaped in a bedroom, I didn't know about it!

Reba: Come on Jake, nobody's going to think you like this girl just because you give her a card that says "I'm buggie for you"!
    Kyra: Why can't he just go to school without pants? That'll be less humiliating.
    Jake: Can I mom??