Really super stupid question, but I can't find the answer on the net

1. So, really dumb question and I was unable to locate an answer on the internet....what does :heart: stand for???? Like for instance something says: I love him :heart:. The reason I ask is because my BF's 12, almost 13 year old daughter is on stupid myspace as a 16 year old :wtf: and she has that as her location. Nomally I am good with all the symbols/jargon, but that one I do not know and tPFers always have answers!!

BTW, I just told BF that I located her "16 year old" profile and she is in DEEP SH%T. Plus, her mom swears she ALWAYS watches their DD on the computer, UM apparently not if she is all of a sudden 16!!!!!

My BF is so anti myspace and his ex wife thinks it is fine, hopefully she will change her tune now.

BTW, Mods feel free to move this if it belongs in another section
  2. Tilt your head to the right and you'll see that it's a heart. :heart:
  3. It's just a heart on its side represented by symbols/numbers from the keyboard.
  4. Thanks, you guys rock. Of course, it is always the most simple things I can't figure out :nuts:
  5. It's just a heart.

I think that you have to at least be 16 yrs.old to register for my space so i believe that is why she had to change her birth yr.. My son is 7 and had to do the same thing for his my space ( with my permission of course)and all his other friends in his class that have a my space had to do the same.
  6. If you are under 16 (or 14, depending on the country), your myspace is created as "private" (i.e. only your friends can view it). Anybody claiming to be older than 16 gets a "public" myspace. That's why it has such a bad rep: public profile means nasty paedo's are free to browse AND download kids' pictures.
  7. That one took me forever to figure out what :heart: meant. LOL. I am glad I wasn't the only one!
  8. I don't think Myspace is particularly that dangerous. I mean, the internet itself is a dangerous portal. If she's not on Myspace, she'll most likely be on something else that is more or less similar. My sister is 12. I monitor what she does online all the time. As long as they have not established internet relationships with strangers they met online, then I think they're fine.
  9. Thanks.. I had no idea what it meant either
  10. You can set your profile as private so you don't get strangers looking at it (which is what I have done), perhaps you suggest she does that, if not done already