Really scared, breast lump found!

1. I have just turned 30 a couple of months ago and thought its high time I went for a full health screening. I havent got the rest of the results yet... but the doctor found a breast lump and so I went for the ultrasound. This was done on Tues and till now I havent heard of anything.... Im really scared to death!! :crybaby:
  2. Awww. I know it's easier said than done, but try to distract yourself until you find out what that lump is. You've already done the right thing by getting it checked out. Now all you can do is wait.

I hope you feel better. :heart:
  3. I'm sorry to hear that. Try not to be too afraid. It may not mean anything. It could be a fibro adenoma (sp?) or you could just have dense breasts with calcification. Try not to think about it until you get the results. Very often it's nothing serious. Doctors always err on the side of caution. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
  4. Thanks.... but the wait is long and painful... :sad:
  5. I'm so sorry. Hopefully you hear some good news. This must be so scary for you, but try to keep your mind off of it and think good thoughts. Please let us know what you hear.
  6. I went through this the end of last year, and know just what you are going through. I lost my mother to breast cancer so when the x-rays showed something I was so scared. I went for an Ultrsound, they saw a lot of damage to my right breast (I was in a car accident before this) so thats what they was picking up. I so feel for you, this is one of the most frightening things, hopefully it will be OK and its nothing. Have you tried ringing them to find out if they have the results. My thoughts are with you.
  7. Keep us posted. I'm thinking of you.....:heart:
  8. I know what you're going through. I'm 22 & a breast lump was found in me in March when I went for my yearly gyno visit. It felt like the whole process took forever. After 3 months of waiting, a biopsy was finally done & thankfully I only had a fibrodenoma which is a non-cancerous tumor. It's a stressfull & scary time but hang in there. I'll be thinking of you :heart:
  9. a few years ago i found it on myself too and in the end after medical checks it's actually "fat lump". heard it's quite common so stay cool till u have the result :smile:.
  10. Thinking good thoughts for you! Let us know when you find out anything. It's completely understandable that you're scared. I would be too.

Best wishes!
  11. this happened to me too.... had an ultrasound and it turned out to be non solid and nothing really...
    however, I can relate to you worrying about this.....
    sending positive thoughts your way..... keep us posted...
  12. Sorry you have to go through this, you are young & I am sure it is a harmless lump.
    Try to stay positive, most lumps are not malignant but maybe get your doctor to call see if they can give results early if they can understand how stressed you are! {{Hugs}}
  13. Actually, sometimes a longer period of time before they get back to you is better. Usually if something seems off they get in touch with you right away.

I had a breast lump that ended up being a tumor. It was such a scary process and I had to go thru many tests to make sure it was non-cancerous.

Hang in there- we will be thinking of you!
  14. I know it's scary. I went through this when I was 27. Turned out to be just a benign fibrous cyst. Changes are very good that yours is benign also. Hang in there! We are all thinking of you!
  15. I went through this back in February too. It was a hard wait. Luckily I'm OK and hope you are too. You are in my prayers.