Really need your thoughts and prayers; good friend murdered

1. Hi everybody.

Today on the radio on the way to work, I heard some sickening news. My next door neighbor when I was a teenager was murdered this past Spring. She was my best friend when I moved to Arkansas (I didn't really have a lot of friends when I was young) and taught me to horseback ride and to drive. She was much older than I was, but so cool and fun to be around. She had adopted a beautiful little girl that I often played with when I went next door to see her. I spent hours their daily and my mom and dad often had to come get me because I hated leaving. Sandy was one of my favorite people. She moved away when I was 17, and I have often wondered about her. This morning on my drive to work I heard her name on the radio. It makes sense that no one contacted me because she didn't have any family to speak of.

A man that was living with her (I remember him) bound and gagged her and robbed her. He strangled her and fled to Honduras, where they found him this Summer.

Everyone, please say a prayer for Sandra Stokes, my first friend in Arkansas, and for her now-11 year old daughter. And for me, because I'm really having trouble coping with this. I had to pull over. I'm in shock.

The bastard that killed her was supposed to go on trial today for capital murder, theft and kidnapping, but they are waiting on the crime lab, so his trial has been postponed. I hope he gets the death penalty. Sandy was one of the nicest people I have ever known.

:cry: :crybaby:

Thank you, ladies.

2. I'm so sorry this has happened, it's horrible the kind of people we have in this world. Be sure to stay strong, sending hugs your way!

3. Oh my goodness Razorback I am so very sorry.

I am sending good thoughts and hugs your way.

My mom's best friend was raped and murdered in her home in the 70's. The man who committed the crime sat on death row until he died in his cell. Does not seem fair for that monster to have gotten off so easily. Really is not fair. My mom still has a hard time talking about it.

HUGS for you...please know that I am thinking about you and I hope you can find some comfort.

4. Razor, I am so sorry. Thinking of you and Sandy *hugs*

5. ((Sarah))

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, as well as your friend's daughter.

6. Wow, how sad. I'm truly sorry to hear this.

7. Thank you, ladies :flowers:

8. lots lof love and prayers...

9. So sorry to hear this. You definitely have my prayers!

10. That's such sad and tragic news, I can't even imagine, manye hugs and prayers!

11. Oh no! My apologies to you & I hope her lil girl is alright & is being well taken care of.

12. OMG...i'm even more shocked now. hope the killer get death sentence!

sending my prayers and thoughts to you and her little girl. i hope she'll be well looked after....

13. (((((Hugs)))))

14. This is heart-breaking. I'm so, so sorry. Hugs.

15. I'm so worried about her daughter. She was adopted when she was very young and now will have to go through that all over again; I don't imagine Sandy's extended family will care for her. :cry: