Really Need Advice About Internship!

1. I recently graduated college with a degree in Radio/TV/Film. I have an interest in writing.

I'm interested in this internship with the Writers Guild that deals with screenplays.

They called me today asking if I'm interested in an interview. Right now I said "yes."

However, I need advice!

I live in Northern California, near San Francisco and this internship is in Southern California in Los Angeles. I'm having a tough time deciding whether this is worth the effort or not just to go through an interview. It's not guaranteed I'll get it.

The description of the internship is mainly doing administrative things like phone calls, copies, etc. It's only Thursday and Friday 10am-6pm. It's also just for the summer.

I'm just so desperate for something, I've applied to a ton of places near where I live and have gotten no responses yet :sad: This is the first time I've gotten a response.

Should I take a dive and do the interview?

2. I would give a try if I were you. I know it seems not easy, but you said you already had applied for ton places and only this one is giving you a response, I think you should try this oppurtunity.

3. I'd take a chance on it if I were you. Internships can often lead to real jobs down the road. If they like you and your work, this could be your entrance into the field you want. Good luck and tell us what you decide. :tup:

4. go for it. im in a similar situation and i just think any experience is good. its not like they are expecting a HUGE amount of your time and atleast its in the industry.

5. I think you should at least go and find out more about the job description and what potential there will be for growth. It may a big opportunity down the road. Just go!

6. Thank you all for your input :smile: I have until Sunday to make a final decision.

Sheesh this is so hard. I want to do it so bad.

I know it's silly but I was reading my daily horoscope and it kinda creeps me out lol and this is it what it says:

June 28th, 2007
    You can make professional decisions today that will affect your position Be aware that a female you work with may be trying to hold you back. Financial gains can be made through wise investments.

June 29th
    Your business sense will be leading you in a direction that indicates more travel and communication. Moneymaking ventures may just turn your life around.

7. yes you shld go to LA to interview.

no interview is a guarantee so that really isn't a rational reason to not go to LA to interview.

and BTW i'd advice you to relocate to LA if you're looking for a gig in that area or NY. it's really hard to look for something in media if you're not in LA or NYC. doesn' mean it won't happen but it's alot harder...

have you also checked out NBC's early career programs?

http://nbcunicareers.com/entry_leadership/page_program/

8. I actually applied for the page program on the NBC site in April and got no response. I don't know the wait time for processing applications, do you?

9. ^ i think they may take months to get back to you. someone i know got in and was notified in April. I *THINK* she may have said that they have new pages when someone leaves etc

Good luck!!!