Real Housewives of ORANGE COUNTY (RHoOC)

No, you are correct to wonder. Infertility is a long process to determine. Both partners are tested & if the man has had a vasectomy, it's usually reversed, if possible, before IVF attempted. It is extremely rare for a woman to get pregnant on their 1st try.

When my husband & I first got married (second marriage for both of us), we looked into IVF to have a child together. I had had my tubes cut & cauterized years prior & my surgery could not be reversed. The only way for us to have a child was for my eggs to be surgically harvested, fertilized in the test tube, & implanted into my womb. Because I was 46 at the time, I would have had to undergo hormone treatments & there was a very big possibility that it would take more than 1 attempt. Plus I ran a high risk of giving birth to a handicapped child due to my age. Once we found out everything we would go through, the expense & no guarantee we would be successful, we decided not to go through with it. We already had 3 sons between the two of us.

IVF is a long, involved process so I'm not buying her infertility BS. Jim had vasectomy but had frozen some of his semen prior to his surgery. Apparently, they didn't even check to see if his vasectomy could be reversed. She's not infertile. They just took the easy way & thawed out his sperm & she got pregnant right off. Her infertility claims are complete BS & are just so she can have a story line.

I am so sorry to read this but I think you made the right decision - though I am feeling like giving you a web-hug when reading about the time you went through. So here is your hug, dear :love:

I am so sorry to read this but I think you made the right decision - though I am feeling like giving you a web-hug when reading about the time you went through. So here is your hug, dear :love:

Thank you. :hugs: It all worked out in the end. It was something we considered. Our problem was time...my biological clock was ticking & my eggs weren't getting any younger (I'm almost 11 yrs older than my husband). For me to have another child, I would have to get pregnant right away & didn't have a couple of years to "try". But, we decided against it & I still raised children. While my son was 19 & away at college when we married, his sons were 11 & 5 yrs old so I still got to raise 2 more children. They are now soon to be 26 & 20. All the boys are on their own so now DH & I have time for ourselves. God is always in charge & has a plan. :smile: And Hubby & I are still involved with children. We are very active through our church working with a charity that takes in unwanted children. There are currently about 40 children in their care ranging from babies to teenagers. We help with their needs & provide help with caring for the kids. So, in a sense, I am not without children. ;)

We lived in the OC north for two years the first time and four years the second time. It's true people are trying to keep up with what their neighbors had...thank God my husband and I weren't into impressing others. I had a friend who was up to her eyeballs in credit card debt.

Sounds like the city I live in and I'm far from the OC.

Those types of neighbourhoods exists everywhere, maybe at different levels compared to the OC. Friends of ours built a house in a neigbourhood with only newbuilt houses. If you did not have roll out grass (ready made grass just to roll out instead of planting grass seeds) you were a nobody in this neigbourhood.

We have a newly built house and everyone has the roll out kind of grass, no one does grass seeds here.

I am starting to believe that Kelly is the narc in the marriage instead of her husband.

Agreed! Something is seriously wrong with that woman.

I know not many will agree..but...I actually don't see a problem with Meghan wanting to have a child......even if she is not 100 percent happy in her marriage.. ..it's her chance to have a baby....she will hopefully be a good mother and she will have all the resources and more for the rest of the child's life..don't slam me!!!...lol

I agree with this too. I just think it's sad that she's trying to get Jim interested in something that he clearly doesn't care about.

i want to see jim talk about his candles. i really do, that's good stuff.

Haha yes!!

So I am not wrong wondering how infertitlity and once a try go go together? Over here infertitlity (and I am adopted so I know the story from the other point of view) needs serious attempts for at least over a year and it certainly won't include IVF without trying to reverse the vasactomy. I'd call it a lifestyle IVF. Actually I'd prefer the old way before dooing the IVF routine to my body. But on each his own I guess..

The fertility clinic in my city states that you must be trying to get pregnant for a year before getting a referral to them.. but I know many people who have just flashed the right amount of cash and they get in right away. My SIL is waiting for a referral, they have been trying for almost 2 years and she has been waiting for 8 months to get in, still with no sign of an appointment any time soon.

I don't like Meghan either, but she is more tolerable than last year. That being said I think the cameras caught some true emotion from her for once after Jim left the airport and she got in the drivers seat. You could tell she was visible upset how checked out her husband is. While I want to feel sorry for her, you can't, she is choosing to be a single mother whether she stays married to Jim or not, all for what-money, fame. Life is so short, those things don't matter in the end, so she is destined to have that sad lonely look on her face for a long time.

I couldn't stand Meghan last year, but I don't feel as badly about her this year. I think she's really alone and probably insecure and it's been good to see a different side to her.

I also find her "inferitlity" comments insensitive and again totally insincere. She can't have a baby because her husband had a vasectomy. I don't know why they didn't try a reversal first - I think that is the usual procedure.

Because I'm sure Jim isn't 100% on board with this baby! He does what he wants and doesn't include Megan in anything- why would he include her in his reproductive plans!?

Reactions: andral5
I wonder how long Jim & Meghan were together before getting married. He just seems SO disinterested in anything related to her and folks mentioned this last year at their Reunion series. Of course, Jim said "oh no" .. and something along the lines of "the cameras making it look that way" (yeah sure buddy). Mind you, none of us sees what happens behind closed doors, but .. sheesh, if my man said half of what he says (or not), I would REALLY wonder about the state of my marriage!

My takeaways from the 70s party episode!

1. Megan- if you're so bloated, why are you wearing a crop top? And you don't need everyone (and literally) your mother's permission before you go sit down somewhere
2. Vicki looks amazing in her Scooby-Do dress
3. The call to Brooks at the end..... eyeroll. Bravo needs to let that liar fall off the ends of the earth where he belongs... they clearly don't care how giving him even a tiny role in the show makes people who have been affected by cancer feel. Although if karma's a thing Brooks will definitely get a taste
4. The wet dream conversation in the costume shop was HILARIOUS
5. Megan, Kelly, and Kelly's husband laughing in the argument scene was very weird. Megan was grinning like a madwoman through the beaded curtains at one point. Kelly and husband were definitely hammered.
6. Speaking of hammered, if I have to hear one more of Kelly's horrible jokes I am going to fly across country and personally slap her.

The fertility clinic in my city states that you must be trying to get pregnant for a year before getting a referral to them.. but I know many people who have just flashed the right amount of cash and they get in right away. My SIL is waiting for a referral, they have been trying for almost 2 years and she has been waiting for 8 months to get in, still with no sign of an appointment any time soon.

Sounds like public medicine rules to me. My aunts and cousins have similar problems in GB and NZ (need of hip replacement, etc. with years wait)

Because I'm sure Jim isn't 100% on board with this baby! He does what he wants and doesn't include Megan in anything- why would he include her in his reproductive plans!?

THIS!!!
we have been saying since she made this big announcement - jim went along with this for one reason only! this baby will keep her out of his business and he will be able to go where he wants like he had been without her trying to keep up with him because she will be busy with a baby! when your husband buys a home in another state knowing you have said you do not want to live there that is a red flag! he is so not into her. the only time he smiles and seems happy is when he is talking about those candles!!!:graucho::graucho:

Reactions: cdtracing
And there you have it!!! I think that's her plan all along.

Oh, you're killing me!!!
lol27.gif
lol28.gif

you know i am right!!!:graucho: (where did you get those animated smilies?? i don't see them!)

Reactions: cdtracing
My takeaways from the 70s party episode!

1. Megan- if you're so bloated, why are you wearing a crop top? And you don't need everyone (and literally) your mother's permission before you go sit down somewhere
2. Vicki looks amazing in her Scooby-Do dress
3. The call to Brooks at the end..... eyeroll. Bravo needs to let that liar fall off the ends of the earth where he belongs... they clearly don't care how giving him even a tiny role in the show makes people who have been affected by cancer feel. Although if karma's a thing Brooks will definitely get a taste
4. The wet dream conversation in the costume shop was HILARIOUS
5. Megan, Kelly, and Kelly's husband laughing in the argument scene was very weird. Megan was grinning like a madwoman through the beaded curtains at one point. Kelly and husband were definitely hammered.
6. Speaking of hammered, if I have to hear one more of Kelly's horrible jokes I am going to fly across country and personally slap her.

Even though I'm in LA county, call me .. 'cos I will for sure help you out with that!!! HA HA HA ...

Sounds like the city I live in and I'm far from the OC.

We have a newly built house and everyone has the roll out kind of grass, no one does grass seeds here.
It was the condecending part I had a problem with when it was pointed out that the neighbour to our friends used seeds and not roll out grass. Like it was not good enough. But the neighbourhood they live in is so competitive, cars, gardens, etc.

Rolling is actually much harder work than using seeds, we helped our friends do that. It works if you have a small garden such as that neighbourhood but when it is large, It would be too much work.