Readers 'Fess Up: 16 Pop-IQ Blind Spots

1. (EW.com)

So you think EVERYONE's seen ''Survivor''? ''E.T.''? ''Seinfeld''? See which staples of pop culture brave readers of EW.com's PopWatch blog owned up to never having watched or heard.

Way back when, my parents bought me a copy of E.T. on tape. And despite owning it, I've never been able to work up an interest in watching a rotund, bald, creepy, bug-eyed, wrinkled alien for two hours. Sorry!

I'm reality show illiterate. I've never watched Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother, etc.

I've never seen Gone With The Wind. Not sure that I give a damn, either!

I've never seen a lot of supposedly great trilogies. I know they're good, but I just don't think I'd enjoy them. I haven't seen any Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or The Matrix. Call me crazy.

E.T..jpg Survivor.jpg Gone With The Wind.jpg Lord Of The Rings.jpg
  2. I've never seen The Simpsons, although I probably would like it.

I've never seen Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, or any of those other Rankin-Bass ''classics.''

I've somehow managed to avoid both reading and seeing any Harry Potter materials.

Modern sitcoms. I know my Bob Newhart and Mary Tyler Moore but have no clue who Will & Grace are, why everybody loves Raymond, or even what terrible sitcom Charlie Sheen is currently in.

The Simpsons.jpg Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer.jpg Harry Potter.jpg Will & Grace, Everybody Loves Raymond.jpg
  3. I have a mob avoidance syndrome. I have never seen the Godfather trilogy, Goodfellas, Scarface, The Untouchables, or The Sopranos. There's just some disconnect and I can't get interested in them. I've also never read a comic book. I think I would like them if I got started, but it just seems like money I would rather spend elsewhere.

Brace yourselves. I've never seen Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

Am I the only American who has never seen the movie Ghostbusters from beginning to end? (Just a couple of scenes here and there.) I've enjoyed the song by Ray Parker Jr., enjoyed the attraction at Universal Orlando, even sat behind Harold Ramis on a flight from LA to STL. Maybe someday.

I've never seen Singin' in the Rain! I'm a freaking gay man that hasn't seen that movie! I just hope they don't take my card away!

Godfather.jpg Sesame Street.jpg Ghostbusters.jpg Singin' In The Rain.jpg
  4. I can't stand the Beatles, Elvis, or the Rolling Stones and have never heard a Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin song. I've never listened to a Bruce Springsteen non-Christmas song all the way through.

I've never sat through a single episode of Seinfeld. I just never found it funny, and the constant references to it when it was popular annoyed me. It was the show that every irritating person in my office watched and talked about. The jokes may have been funny when told by talented comedians, but when told by Pete the Tech Editor in his south-side Chicago accent, they were some of the most unfunny things I've ever heard. Plus, I had a boyfriend who did a really obnoxious Seinfeld imitation when the show first started. He was a creep, and unfortunately, Jerry Seinfeld's voice will always remind me of him. I can't even see that movie where Seinfeld voices a character because I have flashbacks to 1992 and Icky John and his bad hair and too-tight jeans.

(Sigh) I've never seen The Goonies. It's my cross to bear...

I've never seen the original Star Wars. I've seen 2 of the new ones, but not by choice: the theatre was the only place with air conditioning. I'm a nerd, though. A sci-fi nerd. I go to CONVENTIONS. I may or may not have a costume or two hiding in my closet and I'm rather familiar with Klingon as a language. Never seen Star Wars. Shhh, don't tell.

Led Zeppelin.jpg Seinfeld.jpg The Goonies.jpg Star Wars.jpg