Rather Irritated in General...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever someone has posted a link to a thread about something I may be asking about, I don't get my shorts in a knot - I actually appreciate it. Unless the poster says something like, "look here dumbass" I don't feel like they are trying to be superior, just helpful. I don't want to start duplicate posts cause I find them to be confusing and a PITA. I in turn, will do the same thing usually followed by a comment like "Here are a few threads about the same topic" followed by one of these:yes: or one of these:tup: then that way, the OP can choose where they want to go or at least have some variety. I've never seen a rude post of that manner. If you do you should just report it or take it up with that person via PM. When people have been here a while, its only natural to help others learn how to navigate the forum. So whats wrong with that?

tumbleweed.gif

What will get the forum shut down again is the hostility that seems to exist between some members. That's what it was last time. It's not our opinions that get the forum shut down, it's the way we treat one another. It's when we start cat fighting rather than posting a respectful "I disagree" answer. I agree that the forum is slow. I think that's seasonal and it'll pick back up. I don't agree that the OP's thread shouldn't have been moved. When I read it to see what the OP was referring to, it seemed like an RAOK thread to me and there's really no way for a mod or the average person to know if the OP was involved in RAOK or not. I don't agree that links posted in repetitive threads are always just a show of superior knowledge. I myself have posted links in the past and simply said, "here's a thread you might find useful" with no further explanation. Sometimes after searching for the information, linking the threads etc. I just don't feel like putting more than that. It may come across as snotty but it isn't intended to. Perhaps giving someone the benefit of the doubt would be the best way to approach things? And I don't agree that any member here needs to leave because they're frustrated. I'd pm a mod and express your concerns. If we all aren't being treated equally and fairly then I again say, pm a mod. Drama is what got the forum shut down before, not respectful behavior towards one another in spite of disagreeing.

What will get the forum shut down again is the hostility that seems to exist between some members. That's what it was last time. It's not our opinions that get the forum shut down, it's the way we treat one another. It's when we start cat fighting rather than posting a respectful "I disagree" answer. I agree that the forum is slow. I think that's seasonal and it'll pick back up. I don't agree that the OP's thread shouldn't have been moved. When I read it to see what the OP was referring to, it seemed like an RAOK thread to me and there's really no way for a mod or the average person to know if the OP was involved in RAOK or not. I don't agree that links posted in repetitive threads are always just a show of superior knowledge. I myself have posted links in the past and simply said, "here's a thread you might find useful" with no further explanation. Sometimes after searching for the information, linking the threads etc. I just don't feel like putting more than that. It may come across as snotty but it isn't intended to. Perhaps giving someone the benefit of the doubt would be the best way to approach things? And I don't agree that any member here needs to leave because they're frustrated. I'd pm a mod and express your concerns. If we all aren't being treated equally and fairly then I again say, pm a mod. Drama is what got the forum shut down before, not respectful behavior towards one another in spite of disagreeing.

Exceedingly well-put. Thank you. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.