Rash on lower neck/upper chest area?

1. Several times lately I have gotten a pretty big rash on my neck/upper chest. It seems like it starts with a pimple-like thing, or some blistery looking thing. It takes forever for that to heal, and occasionally now it spreads into that rash. After a while, the rash dries up and flakes....but it takes several days to go away as well.

Any clue what could be causing this? Anyone have anything like this? Could your run-of-the-mill zit cause this sort of reaction? Any recommendations of a product I can try?

2. Could it be rosacea? If it is, it's pretty easily treated with a medicine from your dermatologist. I had something similar and she gave me some samples that worked like a charm.

Good luck to you!

3. It could be a reaction to your laundry detergent/softener. A few years ago out of NOwhere I reacted to my usual detergent with a simular sounding rash. I now have to buy the arm&hammer brand that is made for sensitive skin and is fragrence free and everything is fine :smile:

4. You need to see a dermatologist, esp. if it is happening more than once and takes a long time to clear.

5. A trip to your dermaologist sounds like a good idea. Could be an allergic reaction like some girls said, could be rosacea, or it could be something like psoriasis. Going to your doctor to find out for sure will make you feel at ease.

6. I had the same problem and went to a Homeopath.

7. have you been in the sun much?

This will sound VERY odd, but I had a similar issue and went to see a Derm and it turned out to be a cold sore:yucky:
    I was shocked, I thought they were only oral, but he said if you're exposed to direct sunlight it can cause a cold sore/fever blister elsewhere.
    I had been gardening in Texas summer heat 2 days before it showed up.
    Who knew!?

8. Allergic reaction to a new laundry detergent, maybe?