Rant about my Matelasse order

1. Since end of September, I've been emailing Sacoche about the Matelasse I wanted to get. They take so long in responding to emails. Finally, after a couple of weeks, I ordered the Matelasse in Marine. I got the purse around the 2nd week of October.
    1) When I got the package in the mail, the box was torn in some parts (sides, top, etc) by the time I got it.
    2) The whole purse in it's dust bag was put in a medium sized box, enough for the Matelasse to fit in, and the box was stuffed with brown/tan paper.
    3) The purse was flat (empty inside), but in it's dust bag.
    4) The bag itself was damaged: it had out of place stitching, and 2 rips on the leather in front of the bag.

I emailed Sacoche, and as usual, it took them forever to get things straightened out with me. After a few emails back and forth, they finally gave me their DHL account so I can ship it back to them. The stitching and loose thread is clearly not Sacoche's fault, but the 2 rips on the leather could've been their's, maybe from their packaging or lack of.

Here are the pictures of the damaged Matelasse....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then this Friday (October 26th) I got the replacement purse.
    1) The box was also torn/ripped in so many areas.
    2) They just mailed me the bag without being in the dust bag.
    3) They just stuffed the box with that brown/tan paper, w/c is rough, hence, the scratches on the leather. :wtf:

So far, I've noticed that the purse had a lot of scratches on the leather on the top of the bag and the leather is very dry. I haven't inspected this replacement purse thoroughly as I have so much to do at this time. Maybe tomorrow, I'll get a chance to do that.

All in all, I'm not happy with Sacoche, especially how they packaged both of the purses, but especially this replacement purse. :tdown:

2. Oh wantmore...I am so sorry to hear about this...A Marine Matelasse is one of my dream bags!!! I have never actually heard of Sacoche (I'm in Australia). I do hope you get this sorted out soon. This is not acceptable for an $1800 bag!!!!

3. :sad: How sad...That is bad customer service....
    I hope you can work it out with them! Too bad it had to happen to such a pretty bag!

4. How frustrating!!! That is pretty poor cs. I really hope they get it right the next time - maybe 3 is the charm, but it should have been right on the first one you received!!

5. This is the 1st time I've ordered from Sacoche and from outside of US. I searched tPF extensively about them before ordering from them. I noticed that the tPFers are happy with them. So I thought I'd be safe ordering from them.

I kinda lucked out that they had another Marine in Matelasse so I was able to exchange the 1st one. Unfortunately, they only had 2 Medium Matelasse in Marine.

When I asked them for a discount on the 2nd bag. I was planning on just getting the rips fixed (got the idea from another b-bag tPFer). However, they said they couldn't discount it. So I decided to exchange it instead.

After I inspect everything tomorrow, I'll send them an email and complain about their CS/packaging.

6. That's terrible! I hope the inspection is more favorable and that even with the bad packaging this one survived? crossing my fingers for you... ps marine is a FABULOUS color!!

7. That is just so unacceptable for a brand new bag. I really hope things turn around for you and Sacoche makes things right. You have wonderful taste in handbags, though. That Marine blue on the Matelasse is so eye catching.

8. Wow, you would think after the first one being damaged, they would take extra care packaging the replacement.

Not acceptable!! :yucky:

9. Thanks ladies for taking the time to read and consoling me.

Last night I finally had a chance to inspect the bag. It had out of place stitching (Balenciaga's quality control issue and totally not Sacoche's fault) but not very noticeable. Besides the scratches on top of the bag and the dryness, the Matelasse is awesome.

I have the LMB balenciaga products and I lotioned the heck out of the bag - LOL! The scratches evened out and the leather is so much softer. YAY!

I'll try to upload the pictures of before and after LMB.....

10. Oh, yes please wantmore...Post extra pics!

11. ^^Sorry it took me awhile for these pics......

You can see how dry it was and how the scratches on the leather were, before I lotioned it up, and the results after the LMB.

The scratches before LMB lotion (left side):

[​IMG]

Evened out scratches/color after LMB lotion (left side):

[​IMG]

The scratches before LMB lotion (right side):

[​IMG]

Evened out scratches/color after LMB lotion (right side):

[​IMG]

12. KDC - IDK what happened to the pics, but here they are again (I didn't want to hijack the other thread).....

The scratches before LMB lotion (left side):
    [​IMG]

Evened out scratches/color after LMB lotion (left side):
    [​IMG]

The scratches before LMB lotion (right side):
    [​IMG]

Evened out scratches/color after LMB lotion (right side):
    [​IMG]

13. What a fiasco! I cant really see the pics to clearly cause my monitor is too dark , but I really hope everything works out with the LMB products! I love the Matelasse bags and they look great in your Marine color! I am dying far a Matelasse bag for my self!

14. I've never heard of sacoche either, but what a bummer that you have to deal with all of this!! If it makes you feel better, the scratches are difficult to see in the pics, but the LMB did seem to help. In any case, the color and leather are GORGEOUS!!

15. I guess Sacoche is popular among the Chloe ladies here in tPFand rave about the boutique. They had great sales for the Chloes and Bbags (up to 50% off) and I didn't think I'd have problems with them.

When I emailed them about their poor packing this was their response to me....
    I received the Matelasse on Friday and I was disappointed on how the purse was packaged. The box arrived to me torn on several areas. The bag itself was not in the dust bag and it was just stuffed inside the box with paper. The leather had a lot of scratches on it and was also dry and crackly (maybe from the bag being exposed since the box was torn in some areas).

I'm sorry to hear that. But we packed the bag in a very good condition and it's not our mistake. It's the shippers mistake. I'm really sorry about this.

Then I replied back saying this....
    How can the purse itself not placed in a dustbag, the shipper's mistake? Do they package the purse for your boutique? I'm just saying that the purse should've been placed in the dustbag and maybe protected better by putting more cushion inside the box. So that when the box gets torn, the purse would still be protected. US is a long way from Bahrain. I know that a lot of women will appreciate a nice packaged item(s) coming from the retailer .

Never heard back from them after my last email. Anyway, LMB is great and pretty much evened out the scratches. I'm now happy with my Matelasse after LMB. These are gorgeous purses. The quilting on it is amazing.