Random spotting on the pill? May be too much info for some!!

1. I have been on the pill for 8 years and have NEVER had spotting between periods. Today, for the first time, I did. I have also been feeling extremely bloated all week. Is this weird? Has anyone else had this happen? I can't decide whether or not it is something that I should call my doctor over. . . I know it is normal to spot on the pill, but is it normal to spot on the pill when you have never had spotting on it for 8 years? Thanks!
  2. I have never had migraines as part of PMS, and this year, it started. Our bodies simply change, I don't think your situation is anything to be alarmed about. But to be certain, give your doctor a call.
  3. Also, keep in mind diet and hormones also affect your menstrual cycle.
  4. Have you been doing anything different? Exercise? or maybe you msised a pill ?
  5. I've been on the pill since I was 14, I'm 24 now and from time to time I have spotting.

****warning too much info possibly approaching****

However when I spot I rarely have any accumulation, I notice it when I use the potty and wipe, but I never have it bad enough to show up on my undies.

I had problems with spotting off and on when I started continous birth control (i.e.--Seasonale), I had it for about the first year or so, but then it went away.

I've been on continous birth control for almost 4 years and I notice when I'm getting close to the end of my cyle, such as about 3 weeks to when my period is due, I sometimes get spotting. In fact I'm about 3 weeks away from the end of my cycle now and I noticed some spotting last week.

But it doesn't happen with every cycle and for me there's no real rhyme or reason.

Like someone else said, has anything changed in your life, stress, diet, sleep, anything could cause your hormones to shift. As long as you aren't having MAJOR discomfort or major issues with the spotting I wouldn't worry about it.

I think it's one of the joys of being a woman, we have no control over our own bodies sometimes. :p:tup:
  6. I would definately check with your Doctor especially if your bloated feeling doesn't go away and lasts more than two weeks.
  7. Thanks for all of the sharing/advice everyone! I did just start a new job and a couple of months ago moved to a new state (stress) so I am thinking that may have something to do with it . . . If it happens again I will definitely be giving my doctor a call.