Random musings on the lure of Coach and tPF

(((((HUGS))))) My heart breaks thinking of you sitting at the computer...Typing about the anniversary of your father's death. January brings a funk into everyone just about...Between holidays...The rush of Christmas behind us...And that all the preperations and then it's over. Sorry to hear that you didn't make it to the Outlet...Enjoy them kids of yours. Their the best medicine for funky moods. And...There's nothing like a great STEAL! And finding that at an Outlet sure deserves to uplift anyone. So don't feel bad for it...I'm fairly new here...But...Have nothing but the best to say about the people on this forum...

Hang in there...Enjoy your kids Jenn...And you'll get out to the Outlet near you soon...And...When your browsing...Think of me...I don't have ANY Outlet near me. I think I'll plan my next vacation around an Outlet!:graucho:

Amen, Sistas!!! I ditto each and every one of you!! It's awesome to have people to share my joys of each purchase - no matter how big or small - and that really "gets" it. My husband tries really hard to act excited for me, but I know he really doesn't care. I think my void is my weight issue and the fact that I don't have really "close" friends around here. My mom is my BFF and she is in Dallas, 11 hours away (thank the Lord for free cell phone minutes!).

Hang in there, Jenn. I've been praying for you during this difficult time... Now get our your new Madison scarf clutch and admire the silky beauty of her craftsmanship. That should bring a smile.

Amen, Sistas!!! I ditto each and every one of you!! It's awesome to have people to share my joys of each purchase - no matter how big or small - and that really "gets" it. My husband tries really hard to act excited for me, but I know he really doesn't care. I think my void is my weight issue and the fact that I don't have really "close" friends around here. My mom is my BFF and she is in Dallas, 11 hours away (thank the Lord for free cell phone minutes!).

Hang in there, Jenn. I've been praying for you during this difficult time... Now get our your new Madison scarf clutch and admire the silky beauty of her craftsmanship. That should bring a smile.

what weight issue!?!? I just saw a family pic, you all are darling! :tup: And I hear you on the friends/family thing/ :sad:

I have been reading your posts and I want to tell you that you are in my thoughts and prayers...just hang in there. I came to this forum not just because I :heart: coach but because this is a nice group of people. My obsession for purses and seeing what everyone else is purchasing is an escape from some stressors I am facing right now.
There are a bunch of people out here that care about you. (((hugs)))
Carley

Reading your original post, Jenn, as well as the responses hit close to home. It's nice to come here and feel understood. The past couple months have been rough, but this board & the "thrill of the chase" with shopping have made many days brighter.

I'm sorry today is such a sad anniversary for you. I hope that you had a nice time with your boys & that you can find some comfort in all of the wonderful memories you made with your father. My thoughts & prayers are with you :flowers:

Wow! You all are awesome. You have already said it all. I have never taken part in a 'chat' type thing online until I discovered tPF. I am fairly new and don't post much, but I have appreciated reading and learning from you all.
I, too, have a good job, house, DH and friends. But none of them understand the Coach thing at all. They have their own obsessions, but don't see those the same as mine, of course.
And I have issues, too. I have a son who married a horrible person and I am not allowed to see my beautiful 6-year old granddaughter who lives only 35 miles from me. But, you gotta keep going, keep plugging away. I firmly believe that 'what goes around, comes around', and everything works out eventually.

Thank you all so much for sharing. It's a new year.:yes:
:girlsigh:

I took a break from tpf for a few months just cause I was spending too much. I see the stuff people get and I get excited and want them too. The longing, the wanting and the hunt itself is what thrills me aside from actually purchasing and "molesting" my find. Sadly though, I am more of a collector than anything else and I have accumulated a lot of bags. I chose to take a break from here and I haven't purchased anything else until I got a PCE card back in October maybe? And now I'm back browsing the forums and such. I have more control over my purchase/hunt urges now than before so maybe I'll stay for a while this time. But it's soooo nice to be around people who understand the thrill of getting a new bag, with the anticipation and all.

Just to add, the whole thing with purses/bags in my life....it's more like a release for me. An escape sometimes but a good one. It makes me smile and brings me joy. Not that I'm using it to replace the things that really matter in life but some days all it takes is for me to just look at a bag or two of mine in the closet and I smile.

and for me - I just love Coach bags!! I have a wonderful, full, happy, healthy (thank God!) life, an amazing husband, great kids, terrific mom, etc - I just love my Coach! its nice to talk to people who know what you are talking about, get some early inside info, etc. Its just plain fun! Nothing deeply psychological about it!