Random musings on the lure of Coach and tPF

1. I wonder what it is about these bags that has sucked me in so much. I'm sitting here feeling sad because I couldn't get to go to the outlets this weekend. That's a double whammy on top of the anniversary of my father's death. I am going to go to the playground with the boys in a little bit as it's almost 70 here (which seems really unnatural to me for Jan 6th!). That will make me feel better. But going to the outlets always makes me feel good too. Is it getting a good deal on a great bag like Ali? Is it the thrill of the hunt? Is it getting to buy great bags and not having to worry about feeling guilty because they are not as expensive as at the boutique? Also I like spending time on here- way too much. On the weekends I go back and forth between playing with the boys and posting on here. Why? Avoiding the stress and disappointment I feel about my work and my marriage? Probably some. Because I feel like I have some friends on here who "get" something I like that a lot of other people don't "get." Check. Because I have a few friends on here that even though I haven't met I feel like they are truly friends even outside of the purse aspect? Yep.

Just a long way of saying thanks to everyone on here who responds to my threads and posts and especially those who have been so kind to me. :flowers: Sorry for the rambling. I'm in a funky mood.
  2. I know what you mean and I've been wondering the same thing too (it's January 6 and the Epiphany, a day that always gets me thinking). I think this forum (where there's people that think alike in many ways) definitely fills a void. I mean I've got great friends, a nice family, a good job, all that, but still, it's always nice to find people that just "get" you. It's definitely a safe haven. The shopping aspect of it's great too (the thrill of the hunt, definitely). What I don't get myself, I can live through the finds of others (like TejasMama's awesome purple Ergo, which I wanted also, or everybody's multiple Ali's and Mandy's).

Here's to good friends, and the internet highways that brought us together.
  3. I definetly have been going through the same thing. I know I have a awesome family and friends, but sometimes I feel like they just don't care or understand what I am talking about when it comes to Coach. They see it as a useless obsession and I just can't talk to them about anything without feeling like I am being judged. Thank goodness I finally found people that I can vent to and share a mutual happiness with! Thanks to all of you, especially you tanukiki for offering support and understanding!
  4. Ditto - I spend a lot of time on here because it is nice to be able to share my "materialistic" obsession with people who actually get it. Even though I'm on a bag ban, I am still enjoying sharing the joy of other's purchases! I love seeing what other people get on their Coach shopping trips.

I probably spend too much time on here too but I don't have a lot of friends and family who live close and I'd be watching TV or something if I wasn't on here...
  5. There's "Safety in Numbers", it's comfortable here to share our obsession with COACH!

Thanks to Everyone
  6. took the words outta my mouth, no one else understands this addiction, so every free minute, i spend here!
    all of you girls are like the best friends i have, and don't even know!
    and i always love seeing what everyone else gets, seeing what you guys have found, that you've been posting about for weeks, is almost like if i was to get something!
    and seeing whats at the outlets, ..........i can't imagine what i would be like if i didn't have tpf! lol i'd be a bottled up coach maniac!
  7. Hang in there, Kiki... I know you're dealing with a lot right now, and you can PM me if you need to vent a bit.

It's hard to explain to people why we love Coach and handbags so much...I don't even bother trying. Each person has his/her own obsession and I feel lucky to have found people here who get it!

I know I love checking in here and checking out everyone's great finds. I also just enjoy getting to know you wonderful ladies better!
  8. Jenn, you are definitely among friends here. You're always ready and willing to lend your support (thank YOU so much!), so we're here for you whenever you need us!

Whether we know everyone here in person or not, we understand each other in ways that count! I haven't found anyone around me who understands and can relate better than you ladies (and gents) do about my Coach-love. I've never met so many smart/knowledgeable/kind people as I've met here at tPF! It's always great to check in daily to see what everyone's thinking/saying/buying/finding, etc. I'm fortunate and grateful to have found all of you!!
  9. I have been in the same sort of mood the last few weeks. None of my co-workers get the Coach thing. The Holidays make me blue, both parents have passed and siblings are too busy with their own lives to "get together". At times I find a peace here I can't find anywhere else.

I try not to say "I know how you feel", I think only you know how you are feeling. I can say I relate in my way, and would love to chat anytime you need. I thought it was really cool being your Secret Pal in the Fall Roak, because I am not far from the area you live. If you need anything please PM me.
  10. I think we all feel like you do and that's why we're here! Everyone here is so nice (especially the Coach sub-forum) and we understand each other without judging or being jealous. It's such an uplifting, happy place!
  11. I know how you feel exactly. Having a group of fairweather friends recently have left me feeling lonely and depressed. Especially with dh being deployed.

You guys keep me occupied when I have free time. And I am pretty grateful for that. You gals are very friendly, helpful and non-judgmental! Also, though we may not always agree, you guys are respectful. :smile:
  12. I agree too! I posted once about this subject, and stated that when I finally found this forum, particularly the Coach area, I felt like "I finally found my people!" I hope your weekend gets better, Kiki. I enjoy reading your posts.
  13. For me, the PF & the Coach subforum in particular, lets me totally be "me" with my handbag obsession & love of Coach. I've loved purses since I was a little girl (even carried them to elementary school-I was the only kid in 2nd grade with a Cabbage Patch Kid backpack, Snoopy lunchbox, & my tiny little purse!:p) but around most people, even a lot of my friends, I don't talk about it that much. I mean, everyone knows I love accessories, Coach in particular, but they DON'T know how I could happily spend a weekend in NYC visiting each & every boutique in the city AND checking out the Coach shoes in Bloomies & Macys. All of YOU understand that, I feel sure!;)

I, like a lot of you, have a great husband, terrific family, lots of friends, a great job, a nice home, & hobbies. But the PF is one my greatest indulgences. I know I don't post as much as a lot of you, but I read most everything & enjoy checking out everyone's loot (lets me live vicariously:shame:smile: & the general discussion. I was at the mall yesterday & spotted 4 fakes between Macys & the food court (NOT FAR) & thought about how ONLY all of you would understand how truly appalling that is!:nuts::smile:

So, thanks for being here everyone!
  14. I am right there with you. :yes: I definately spend way too much time here, and too much time and effort (and heartburn and money!) on Coach and my purse obsessions.. but I love it here and I feel like you are all great friends alo and it is SO fun to be able to come straight here and post our latest finds or pics and know that you all will "get it" It is just exciting and something different! :tup: I love it here, even though sometimes I don't know how healthy it is for me. :love:
  15. Hope you feel better after going to the playground with your boys.

It's a tough time of year with post holiday letdown and coping with winter.

I was so relieved to find a place with people who understand my purse habit. No one I know understands it whatsoever. They think I'm insane.