Random Kindness of Strangers

1. My grandparents were involved in a hit and run accident this weekend! :cry: They were stopped at a stop light and were rear ended. My grandpa pulled off to the side of the road and the car that hit him just kept going even though he took the bumper right off the back of my grandparents' car.

Luckily they have OnStar and the cops were there within a minute, but they said without catching the runner they didn't really think there was too much they could do. Well, ten minutes into the cops taking their accident report, a call came over the radio-they caught the guy!! A man saw the guy hit my grandparents and take off, so he followed the car while calling 9-1-1.

It turns out the hit and run driver was *Drinking while driving*. The cops counted at least 12 opened cans of beer in the car, and the guy was out on parole and he had 7 previous DUIs!! The cops arrested him on the spot and told my grandparents that he would be doing jail time.

Not only did the stranger really help my grandparents out, but he got a really dangerous driver off the road! My family is amazed that someone would go so far out of his way and even put himself at risk to help a complete stranger.

It's nice to know that there are still good and selfless people out there!
  2. It's nice to read that there are still people out there that care about others... and I'm glad to hear that your grandparents are right!!!
  3. I'm glad your grandparents are okay and I'm glad they caught him!
  4. It's so nice to hear stories like that, it's good to know there a still a few good people. I'm glad your grandparents are ok!
  5. It's nice to read that helpful people still exist. I am so glad the person who hit your grandparents was caught and that they were not injured. A person with 7 DUI's shouldn't be allowed to have a license, and I hope he goes to jail for a long time. In high school, a friend was hit by a drunk driver on the seawall in Galveston. They pinned him between their car and the tailgate of his truck. He died because his legs were severed and because of the blood loss. And you know, the man who hit him was only given probation. I'm sorry for such a terrible story, but it's been 14 years, and I am still angry about it.

On another note, these days I am impressed when someone even takes the time to hold a door open for me.
  6. I am glad your grandparents are OK. I find that just when I start to lose faith in people, a random act of kindness by a stranger comes along and renews my faith!
  7. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I can relate to the anger. My senior year of college a group of girls from my school & a neighboring school went to NC for vacation. A drunk driver plowed into their car, killing them all. It was her third time receiving a DUI.

The fact that she still was able to receive a license after being caught three times horrifies me. I can really understand your anger. I don't have a lot of tolerance for people who drive drunk.
  8. Your grandparents should send a little thank you to that stranger. I am sure they would appreciate that.

Glad your grandparents are fine!
  9. There are many nice people who go out of their way for others. More people should remember that even a smile can help brighten someone's day. Glad your grandparents are ok.
  10. Awww that is so cute!! :biggrin:
    I'm really glad there are people like that
  11. Oh my gosh, are your grandparents okay !? The whiplash from being rear ended is killer. I'm really glad that someone would do something so selfless and responsible even though they didn't know your grandparents.
  12. Whoa, that's amazing.
    I'm glad that your grandparents are ok.
  13. i dont understand how a drunk driver walks away from an accident, while the person they hit, usually dies :sad:
  14. What a heartwarming story! Glad to know your grandparents are OK.
  15. yes, it is very refreshing to hear a story like that...sometimes the world is such a sad place to live in