Rain vs. Hermes bags

It was raining really hard today in London. My clemence Birkin and I were both dressed to the nines in our raincoats. When I got to the office, my male colleague was like "what the hell is that? Oh, it's a bag for your bag!":P Men! what do they know?!

I have a question about Box leather...if your bag does unfortunately get caught in the rain, will wiping the drops off immediately prevent blistering? And if, heaven forbid, blisters occur, can Hermes repair the bag?

I'm obsessively planning my first Hermes bag purchase, and I really want Box, but do live in an area notorious for unexpected rainstorms!

I don't have any problem with Box leather. I got my Kelly soaked in rain and wiped it quickly. It came out fine.

It was raining really hard today in London. My clemence Birkin and I were both dressed to the nines in our raincoats. When I got to the office, my male colleague was like "what the hell is that? Oh, it's a bag for your bag!":P Men! what do they know?!

We had London style weather here in Colorado, very unusual for us, it is nice for a change sometimes. The Birkin did not go out today.

I apologize if it has been commented on already but....am I the only one who was a bit shocked at the flimsyness of the Hermes raincoat?

I wish they would make it a tiny bit more "finished" looking.

HC, shoes: the dark water spot on my ostrich is now gone but in it's place is a shiny spot! ugh. oh well. can't really notice unless you look closely. thank goodness DH hasn't seen it! i have such bad luck with bags i swear! my black birkin has a gold smile on it. the fuschia ostrich has a shiny spot. and now my BJ kelly has a lil' "tear" on the front!!! aaaaahhhhh it fell off the desk and hit the rim of the wastebasket, which scraped off a tiny piece of leather. i'm so scared to use my newest bags now.

HC, shoes: the dark water spot on my ostrich is now gone but in it's place is a shiny spot! ugh. oh well. can't really notice unless you look closely. thank goodness DH hasn't seen it! i have such bad luck with bags i swear! my black birkin has a gold smile on it. the fuschia ostrich has a shiny spot. and now my BJ kelly has a lil' "tear" on the front!!! aaaaahhhhh it fell off the desk and hit the rim of the wastebasket, which scraped off a tiny piece of leather. i'm so scared to use my newest bags now.

...Think of it as "customizing."

So far, (knock on wood) my bags have weathered rainy days well. My ostrich survived some water splash once and no sign of the mishap showed up on the bag.

All my bags (chevre, togo, clemance) except for crocs have gotten caught in the rain and all have managed to withstand the water. The key is really to wipe off the water as soon as possible. Since I used to live in an area where we have Starbucks in every other corner, I just dash in and grab a bunch of napkins. Of course, any reason to have coffee (even when I don't need the caffeine) is always a plus! :tup:

The only time I nearly had a heart attack was when I got caught in a downpour and had my barenia kellyado. It was soaked! But about 20 min later, it dried off on its own with nary a sign that it got wet! Now, part of me really regret letting go of that bag - except that I don't really use backpacks... :sad: