Rafe New York

1. Does anyone know anything about Rafe New York bags. I recently inherited one along with many other designer bags. It's absolutely beautiful. I'd like to find out more about the brand. Some of these bags cost a lot at the Rafe Website and on eBay. Do people desire these bags? I would love to find out the value of this bag and hope to post pictures very soon. I will be needing help with the other bags in the near future!

2. I had one and I think they have very good quality bags. I bought the Rafe Kate Wooster hobo in charcoal. It is a great bag and the leather is really soft. I did return it though, because I felt it was a little too big for my daily use. I think they have nice quality bags, though. Which style do you have?

3. Cooper (that's my son's name by the way), where did you buy your Kate Wooster? I've been thinking about one but don't know where to buy.

4. Oh, gosh, it was so long ago... I got it when it first came out...I think over the summer....
    OH! I remember! It was bagshop.com. I do have to tell you though, I had a terrible time with their customer service. Not very pleasant to deal with and took almost 2 months to get a refund AFTER they received the bag back! (I actually posted a thread about it here on tPF and others posted that they had some problems with them as well) They have nice stuff and you can usually find a coupon code, but not the most professional service and the box my bag was shipped in was an absolute mess. I remember that now...
    The bag was really great and I actually wish I had kept it now since I have traveled a few times over the holidays and wished I had a bigger bag. You will love it if you can find one. The charcoal color had a wonderful mix of greys.

....I love the name Cooper! My dog (here in my avatar) is Cooper. My husband named him after his car- a Mini Cooper!

5. You could also try eBay. I saw one not too long ago on eBay which went for about $200. It was the same style, but in a different color. I haven't been able to find the Kate Wooster anywhere since I returned mine. I just checked bagshop.com for you and they don't have it.

6. Thanks for getting back to me Cooper. I appreciate it. There's a Wooster Lindsay (I think that's the name??) on ebay now but I like the Kate better. Oh man, what a purse lush I am! LOL, I *just* sent payment for a Belen Echandia Love Me in Petrol. Like I need another bag like a hole in the head. Well you little Cooper is a doll! Heck, if we had stayed in California I'd be driving a Mini Cooper now (with a son named Cooper and my mom was named Minnie, it was a given) but we moved to northern Utah where you need 4WD to just go one mile. grrr.:s

7. I think I know the one you mean. Someone over at TheItBag had it for sale yesterday. But yesterday was a bad day for me, had an out-patient procedure I needed to do instead of buying a bag. Anyway, long story short, someone else bought it. Oh well...

8. OH! I remember! It was bagshop.com. I do have to tell you though, I had a terrible time with their customer service. Not very pleasant to deal with and took almost 2 months to get a refund AFTER they received the bag back! (I actually posted a thread about it here on tPF and others posted that they had some problems with them as well) They have nice stuff and you can usually find a coupon code, but not the most professional service and the box my bag was shipped in was an absolute mess. I remember that now...

I forgot to comment on the above. That's too bad. Poor customer service gets noticed. I've never bought from them, but after hearing that....I may never. I'm so sorry they gave you the runaround. I've bought from ebags a couple of times and they're a little weird too. They don't send any sort of return slip with the bag. Are they that confident that that everyone will LOVE what they bought?

9. I love my Rafe bags. Nordstrom had one of them on sale recently, and if you watch the Rafe site, they sometimes have limited time sales. Otherwise they are not cheap.

Oh, and beware the inexpensive Rafe bags -- last year he did designs for Target and sellers on eBay sometimes forget to mention that something is from that collection. Nothing wrong with the bags, just in paying too much.

10. YES! I am in that gorup and saw the pictutres of the bag and fell in love. The price was so good and I tried to buy it but someone had beat me to it.:crybaby: I love the bag and have been searching for it and I can't find it anywhere. I have been looking on eBay. I am hoping one will show up. I have decided that I must have this bag. I love it.

11. ...ummmm....
    What is TheItBag?

12. Cooper, it's a yahoo group. I belong to tons of groups over there, but it's my only handbag group.