Rachel Pally Private Sample Sale at her Mom's House

1. HERE'S THE EMAIL I GOT FROM ADRIAN PALLY...SHE IS A DOLL & VERY VERY SWEET!:tup:

Hi Everyone,
    If you missed our RACHEL PALLY August Warehouse Sale...or wanted to get more great clothes at terrific prices...I am now set up for personal appointments at my Van Nuys home/outlet.
    I'm in and out of town quite a bit, so please note the available dates:
    Open and available for appointments Oct.1 -23. Then closed for several weeks.
    Please email me your preferred times and dates, and I'll try to work it out for your first choice.

AdrianPB@aol.com

I have a huge inventory of past season styles....all at less than wholesale prices!
    Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard accepted.

Looking forward to seeing you,
    Adrian

FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW, RACHEL PALLY CAN BE FOUND AT OVER FIVE
    HUNDRED SPECIALTY BOUTIQUES NATIONWIDE, AS WELL AS Nordstrom, INTERMIX,
    Shopbop.COM, MACY'S, BLOOMINGDALE'S, ANTHROPOLOGIE, AND HENRI BENDEL.
    THE LINE IS WORN AND LOVED BY EVERYONE FROM TYRA BANKS, SARAH JESSICA
    PARKER, OPRAH, AND ANGELICA HOUSTON AND HAS BEEN SEEN IN PUBLICATIONS SUCH
    AS PEOPLE, COSMOPOLITAN, IN STYLE, MARIE CLAIRE, LUCKY, AND ELLE....IT LOOKS
    WONDERFUL ON DIFFERENT WOMEN WITH DIFFERENT STYLES, BODIES, AGES...

SPRING '07 COLLECTION CAN BE VIEWED AT WWW.RACHELPALLY.COM

2. I've met these people and went to the sample sales before. They are very nice. The clothes are dreamy....comfy.... and available online at lots of shops for below wholesale prices, too.....many clearance sales like Shopbop.com and DesignersLA.com. Both offer free shipping and no sales tax.

3. How cute is that! When I was in LA in August I made my sister take me to the sale. She had a lovely time talking to the "Pally" family and loves the items she bought. And since my sister also lives in the Valley, it will be easy for her to get to the sale.

Thank you for sharing this great deal.

4. how great are the prices? any examples of what a top or dress would typically cost?

5. The mexico dress was about $75-$80, and I think that was the most expensive item I saw. There were lots of items for $25-$40. And though I went on the last day, there was a HUGE selection left.

6. wow this sounds really great! i will probably go in late october...don't think i can make it out there any time sooner. hopefully there will still be some stuff left!

7. I worked at the last Rachel Pally sample sale, as I want so much of her clothing that I must now work for dresses. Adrian rocks. The prices she offers are better than most of the online sales you'll find, and the selection she is able to offer at those prices is huge. Recent season dresses are generally between $75-$85, but you can find even better deals on past season colors and styles. I got a dress for $35 recently, and I found a cute tube top for $15. If you're looking for specific styles, colors, and sizes, let her know in advance, and she may be able to dig them up for you:smile:

8. anyone going today? please post details!

9. I am! I'll let you guys know.

10. I'm back! I got a bunch of goodies. Adrian is SO sweet and so accommodating. Anything I needed, she was ready to help. A little bit of warning. The stuff is located in the garage of her house, so there's not a lot of room. Luckily there was only me and two other women there, so it wasn't bad at all.

As soon as I got there, I was so happy I came. There are 4 big racks of dresses and tops and boxes and boxes of clothes. I was there to shop for my sister and my cousin, but when I realized how roomy most of the clothes were, I was able to get stuff for myself which made me very happy (I am a size 18 normally). There are almost no nice designer clothes in my sizes.

To give you a sense of the prices:

Dresses: $60-100 (most were $70); Mexico Dresses were $80.
    Leggings: $30
    Belts: $30
    Tops: $45-70
    Tanks: $30-50
    Skirts: $50-60

This is based on what I looked at, there might be some outliers. Price really depended on the season. She had pretty much everything from the Spring and Summer collection (based on the website) in sizes ranging from XS-L. She also had hoodies, tubetops and pants but I didn't ask how much they were.

I got a lot of the more recent prints, so mine were on the higher end. Here are some of the things I got:

White/Chocolate Dot Caftan Shirt: $70
    Floral Caftan Shirt: $70
    Floral Grosgrain Halter Dress: $60
    Purple Sailor V-Neck: $55
    Floral Tie Side Apron Tank: $45
    Garnet Stripe Scoop Neck Bubble Dress: $75
    Black Print (not sure of the name) Full Skirt: $50
    Purple Caftan Holiday Dress: $60
    Red Racerback Turtleneck Tank: $45
    Crochet Top (not sure of the name): $55
    Black Velvet Stripe Leggings: $30

Also, she accepts cash or credit (MC/Visa only).

Love,
    Q

11. ^^^thanks for the info starr! i emailed her today so hopefully i'll be able to get an appointment soon!

12. WOW!

that sounds so awesome! i totally wish i could make it.

13. i went today with my friend. it was alot of fun. her mom is super helpful and there is a ton of stuff in all sizes. it was very private as it was just me and my friend the whole time. not alot of black but lots of other neutrals like grey and beige and brown, also lots of nice reds and blues and some very fun colors and prints. the stuff is super comfy and there are sooo many styles to chose from you are sure to find some flattering styles for all body types. highly recommended...

14. o mg ..
    this was my first time for anything that's rachel pally.
    it was SO AWESOME.
    her clothes makes me feel i'm so pretty and slim. the fabric is fantastic and no wrinkles at all!

Adrian was helpful and really nice and caring. Like mentioned by above, it was pretty private for me the first 20 minutes and two other girls came, and 3 more came later, but it wasn't that bad. it was actually fun, complimenting and helping each other out.

there wasn't lots of neutral colors. and the ones that were black were $5 more....

i got

2 caftan short dresses in a cream and violet color for $85 each
    2 kimono top in black and a beige/light brown stripe $60/ $65 each
    1 dark grey scoop neck long sleeve dress $60
    1 pocket dress in blue $60
    1 blue bolero $60. ( btw, i love this. i supposedly got the last blue. other colors left is a light green and a orangey pink)
    1 shirred long sleeve t-shirt in beight $45
    1 red belt $30

i really wanted to buy so much more but i'm gona resist and just wait till the december sample sale comes by.

hope this helped some of you guys out.

sorry if i didn't label the color/clothes correctly for i don't really know in detail what exactly they are.

15. This might be the cutest thing!