Quilt deflating?

1. Hi! so i was wondering if anyone has had the problem of their quilts deflating/flattening? If so, how did it happen?

2. Its never happened to mine, but I've definitely seen it on other bags. I think you have to use it a whole lot for that to happen. I see it only on older bags.

3. Not yet, and I hope that doesn't happen.

4. Did it deflate on a caviar finish bag or the lambskin???

5. I would like to know the reason for this as well. I have a white reporter I only pulled out once so far because I'm afraid of getting it dirty. Any helpful hints????

6. i hope it doesn't happen. i think it has a better chance of the lambskin deflating due to the softer leather.

7. It can happen and I think it is more prone to happen to lambskin bags. Many of the vintage ones I've seen have deflated a bit.

8. I borrowed this from an auction. This is as deflated as it gets.
    [​IMG]

9. Sure looks it's been dehydrated in the desert!! So sad to see. Could it be it's just not been regularly conditioned? Seems this is a question for a Chanel SA.

10. You could see the finger depression marks so I'd think its form being USED USED USED.

11. Why would a bag flatten like that? I've never seen a deflated quilted bag. I borrowed a picture of mine from the Vintage thread, to show you one of my oldest bags from the '80s:

[​IMG]

12. wow! your Jayne1, your vintage bag looks great!

yeah, I dont know why it would flatten either (at least to the level of the picture Luccibag provided--but then again, that bag is in BAD shape!). it scares me to think that can happen!

13. bump

14. i have a met reissue that already deflated since i bought it hiks...i am love it less because of this...i try not to put the attention but i cant...

15. how do you guys find the deflated look? do you find it less appealing or it doesn't bother you?