Quick breakfast on the go ideas?

1. I'm not really a big breakfast person but I don't like the feeling of not having anything in my tummy in the morning. I'm really tired of cereal, but I want something that doesn't take much time to prepare.

I was thinking of trying that Nestle breakfast drink, but it would be too much $$$ to have it every single day. Anybody have any tips or recipes? :smile: Maybe something to eat on the road? TIA!:heart:
  2. How about breakfast bars? And or Yoplait smoothies..they are cheap and fill you up...and you can drink one while driving.
  3. I like oatmeal bars...and yoplait smoothies are really yummy!
  4. The cheapest and quickest breakfast is one you make yourself beforehand. I don't know if you're into baking, but after the initial expense of buying the ingredients, equipment and having the time to do this, you could make your own quick breads and muffins. These are fabulous because you can usually use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour. King Arthur Flour also have a white whole wheat flour or you can do half all purpose and half whole wheat. Also, the sugar and fat content can usually be reduced in quick bread and muffin recipes (apart from where you need to cream the butter then you probably can't reduce the butter or sugar).

Since I won't be eating everything I bake in one go, the best place to store baked goods is in freezer ziplock bags in the freezer and just to take one muffin or slice of quick bread out the night before so it's ready for breakfast at home or on the go.

I love baking and I enjoy eating what I baked for breakfast. I also prefer being in control of the ingredients so I know exactly what is in my food.

If you're interested you could check www.kingarthurflour.com for recipes or for more inspiration!
  5. I have cottage cheese with fruit for breakfast. It's easy & quick.
  6. This takes some prep work, but you can have a whole week's worth of breakfasts done in 15 minutes once you're used to it. I like to prep mini bagel, egg, cheese, and bacon sandwiches. Pre-cooked, just pop in the microwave to heat.

1. Get pre-sliced mini bagels.
    2. Cook turkey bacon to just before taste (in my case)
    3. Cook up 3-5 eggbeaters (in my case).
    4. Cut eggbeaters into mini bagel-sized chunks.
    5. Assemble sandwich as such: Mini bagel, eggbeater, slice of cheese (or non-dairy cheese in my case), turkey bacon, top of mini bagel.
    6. Wrap in something like Press 'n Seal.
    7. Refrigerate until needed, take out of wrapping, put on paper towel (or plate).
    8. Microwave 15-20 seconds.

7. I just usually have tea and a cheesestick!
  8. this thread is making me hungry.

i love food.
  9. Fiber one bars are awesome--also fruit and yogurt, pita with scrambled egg beaters and cheese, english muffin or mini bagel with cream cheese or peanut butter, or a couple strips of turkey bacon (already cooked, and refrigerated) zapped in a paper towel in the microwave is really good with a piece of toast.
  10. I love bran muffins on the go; just the $0.99 bag of mix with milk stirred in and baked, they're really yummy!

Outside of that, if I have to leave the house quickly I'll toast one or two pieces of toast with butter on them, cut them in half, and put raspberry jam between each piece and eat it like a sandwich, with milk in a styrofoam cup.

Sliced open homemade sour cream biscuits with center cut bacon slices (less fat to that type of bacon) sandwiched between the halves are tasty on the go also. I prefer it with milk in the car, but a bottle of water stuffed full of chopped strawberry or peach is tasty too! Just freeze the fruit first then funnel it into the bottle.

A piece of bread cut in half with crunchy peanut butter smoothed on, the other half on top, and then smash it in a paper towel makes it more compact, easier to eat and tastier, I think :biggrin:

This isn't too portable, but I love strawberry yogurt with tons of granola in it in the mornings!

And on my most serious of cereal kicks, I'll dump Crispix in a syrofoam cup, poor on milk, and then just drink it on the way to wherever I'm going
  11. Toss a few slices of turkey bacon (I like Jennie-O's Extra Lean Turkey Bacon) and microwave them uncovered on a plate for 2 minutes. It usually makes them crispy and they taste so good. Oh yeah and they're only 20 calories per slice! Does it get any better lol?
  12. I make egg muffins:

- 1 500ml container of Egg Beaters
    - grated reduced fat cheese
    - ham or back bacon cut into little cubes
    - pepper

Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray, mix all ingredients together, ladle into pan and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool and store in air tight container in fridge.

Microwave for 20 seconds or so to heat through and enjoy.

This is a really filling breakfast as it is packed with protein and is quite low in fat and calories, compared to using whole eggs and regular cheese.
  13. An apple while you walk or drive?
  14. I like making my own breakfast burritos the night before and then just reheat them in the microwave.
  15. make a peanut butter sandwhich with banana slices :biggrin: it's satisfying and so easy to make