Questions for owners of the Victoria line bracelet please

DinkyCam

Dec 26, 2016
I’d recently acquired the Victoria line bracelet (size small, 4.14tcw) from the boutique. Upon closer inspection, I’ve noticed that the clasp spring and clip components appear to be of a different metal to platinum. I’d asked the SA and she said Tiffany utilises 18k white gold for the bracelet clasps for stability. Have you noticed the same on your line bracelets? And if so, has the slight colour variation of the metals bothered you? TIA.

Huh. I didn’t know that. I thought it was all platinum. But I know that last year, the bracelet clasps in Victoria were all changed to be more secure. The new clasps are bigger than before when I compared them to me own.

I wonder if the metal was changed also. Because I think I don’t think my clasp’s metal looks any different. I do know that gold is springier than platinum, so in theory should also be a bit more secure for the tongue part of the clasp.

I attached some photos when I was in New York last year. The button is bigger now and sticks out more. The new tongue is shorter but wider. I was trying to see if the bracelets could fit into each other to maybe make a necklace. But it’s not possible because the clasps aren’t harmonized anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_6387.jpeg
    IMG_6387.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6388.jpeg
    IMG_6388.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6389.jpeg
    IMG_6389.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: caruava
Huh. I didn’t know that. I thought it was all platinum. But I know that last year, the bracelet clasps in Victoria were all changed to be more secure. The new clasps are bigger than before when I compared them to me own.

I wonder if the metal was changed also. Because I think I don’t think my clasp’s metal looks any different. I do know that gold is springier than platinum, so in theory should also be a bit more secure for the tongue part of the clasp.

I attached some photos when I was in New York last year. The button is bigger now and sticks out more. The new tongue is shorter but wider. I was trying to see if the bracelets could fit into each other to maybe make a necklace. But it’s not possible because the clasps aren’t harmonized anymore.
Hi sosauce,

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate the input.

For clarification, in the 2nd photo is the top bracelet the one with the new tongue?

My SA said she had contacted service centre to inquire, and their response was that the tongue is now made with 18k white gold for stability, though I detect colour on the spring and clasp (more visible than the hidden tongue) components as well, especially in natural light. I think I’ll have to pop in and see her for further clarifications.

Thanks again!

Hi sosauce,

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate the input.

For clarification, in the 2nd photo is the top bracelet the one with the new tongue?

My SA said she had contacted service centre to inquire, and their response was that the tongue is now made with 18k white gold for stability, though I detect colour on the spring and clasp (more visible than the hidden tongue) components as well, especially in natural light. I think I’ll have to pop in and see her for further clarifications.

Thanks again!

Yes, the top one is the new bracelet. It has the more prominent button.

What does your clasp look like?