questions for all of you

1. 1. I am thinking of getting the tan gaultier hermes, but I'm not sure if that will be a hot bag for fall/winter. maybe I should get the silver python gucci indy?

2. What do you think is going to be a huge trend for winter 2008? I hear metallics will be in, but I always picture fur trimmed stuff s big for fall. fur and cashmere. things like that

well, let me know what y'all think!

2. The Hermes will definitely have a longer shelf life, and it will be more versatile than a silver python bag.

3. Metallics are definitely in for Fall however I don't think the trend will last long. If you don't care about having a bag that is trendy for one or two seasons, or you don't care about trends period and will wear the bag forever, get the Gucci. However if you want a more classic bag that will look stylish all the time, get Hermes.
    Hope that helps!

4. I haven't really decided which trends to start for fall yet. ;)

My guess is that we will see more darker metallics, pewter, gunmetal, antique gold/brass, I think the whole fur/faux fur thing will be a trend in the sense of trendy, a fad, but if you buy dark metallics you can consider those an investment - just another neutral classic.

For colors, I'm going to go out on a limb and say teal and plum, just because as colors, those are moving steadily toward attaining neutral status, because there are so many people for whom that is their true neutral.

5. yeah, I've noticed teal/turquoise is becoming a really popular color. unfortunately, I look like a doofus in colors like that.

6. I try to avoid caving in to trends when buying bags. I agree with the others who said the Hermes would be the better buy. Hermes transcends all trends.

7. i dunno, though, i feel like the birkin could dress down a lot of things, 'cos it's so simple. i mean is there anyway to dress up a birkin? like for going out and stuff? 'cos whatever purse i get it's going to be on my arm ALWAYS. since it's such a huge purchase I'm giving myself plenty of time to make a decision, so there's no rush.

i never though urse shopping would ever be so hard. I long for the days when I was a tomboy!

8. I know what you mean Menond. I miss not wearing make up and dressing like a skater boy. The old me would be shocked by my fashion obssession. But to the question I agree. The Gucci would be a marvelous stand out piece that could make an outfit, but for how long? The Hermes will always make you look stylish. I have begun looking for a metallic or snake/croc bag but since I know it wont be something I will wear that much, I dont plan on spending a lot (meaning over 500).

9. You can call me Divya or Div (Menon is my last name.) Yeah, see, I think I might be mildly obsessed with the Indy, because it's the paddington I never had (reason I refuse to get one now, is because the novelty is worn out and everyone will think it's fake anyway, I'm sure.)

Maybe I'll just carry a burlap sack write "gaultier dior picaso" on it and just tell people that it's worth a million bucks. carry all my belongings on it. maybe I'll tie it to a pole, too, like the train-hopper homeless people you see in rockwell's.