Questions - Can anyone tell me about Hamilton bags?

I finally got my first 2 new hamiltons, my 5th and 6th MK bag Claret SHW and Luggage GHW... I felt guilty about these 2 beauties 'coz I just bought another one in July (different brand though), so I decided to keep JUST ONE for now but I'm having a hard time choosing ... I don't have any of these colors... I have mostly dark browns and blacks and a light brown/ beige color..(I know I'm too boring with my color choices :biggrin:).

ladies, can you help me decide which one to keep??? I know they're both gorgeous... HW color doesn't really matter for me... I like both :P

If you can only keep one, I would keep the Claret. Luggage will always be available, but Claret might be harder to find down the road.

I just wanted to add one more purple pic this one is taken outside in natural sunlight, which I like it more in sunlight than under artificial lighting. *sigh* I wish I could make up my mind on this lol.

IMAG02412.jpg

I like the purple, but I returned the one I bought because it wasn't love. The purple wasn't the right shade for me. If you don't love it, return it. I find that sometimes when I am sad about returning something, it isn't because I will miss it, it is because I was sad that it wasn't what I thought it would be.

I finally got my first 2 new hamiltons, my 5th and 6th MK bag Claret SHW and Luggage GHW... I felt guilty about these 2 beauties 'coz I just bought another one in July (different brand though), so I decided to keep JUST ONE for now but I'm having a hard time choosing ... I don't have any of these colors... I have mostly dark browns and blacks and a light brown/ beige color..(I know I'm too boring with my color choices :biggrin:).

ladies, can you help me decide which one to keep??? I know they're both gorgeous... HW color doesn't really matter for me... I like both :P

Since you have mostly neutrals in your collection, I'd keep the Claret!

It is such a pretty purple. I am sorry you are disappointed. :sad: It looks like this seasons colors are darker and richer. I compared their red to the claret today as well at the MK store and could def see the difference. I saw the same with the purple.

Hmmm... if it really does not grab you and you really do not LOVE it, then return it.. ?

I like the purple, but I returned the one I bought because it wasn't love. The purple wasn't the right shade for me. If you don't love it, return it. I find that sometimes when I am sad about returning something, it isn't because I will miss it, it is because I was sad that it wasn't what I thought it would be.

I've decided it's going back. I think I figured out what it was about the color that bugged me. Pandorasbox pointed out it's a blue purple, which I thought I would like but I guess I don't like blue purples I really like red purples.

you guys are right, luggage will always be around but Claret might not be.. so I returned the luggage one today...Besides, I've been always wanted to have something dark red/burgundy color, and this Claret is just perfect..

Thanks for your help, ladies!!!!:smile:

OMG! :lol:I'm also trying to decide between these two colors! Claret SHW and Luggage GHW. I'm getting the large one.
I think claret is beautiful and it looks even more expensive! But since I really like this tote I want to be able to use it all year round, and I'm worried that claret is more for just fall/winter. Can the claret be used during spring/summer time?
I also like the Luggage GHW but not as much as the claret. Should I get this color so I can use it year round? :confused1:
I'm only planning on getting one Hamilton tote.

OMG! :lol:I'm also trying to decide between these two colors! Claret SHW and Luggage GHW. I'm getting the large one.
I think claret is beautiful and it looks even more expensive! But since I really like this tote I want to be able to use it all year round, and I'm worried that claret is more for just fall/winter. Can the claret be used during spring/summer time?
I also like the Luggage GHW but not as much as the claret. Should I get this color so I can use it year round? :confused1:
I'm only planning on getting one Hamilton tote.

hydemomo, I decided to keep my Claret and I'm glad I did... It is a rich color and pretty neutral, you can wear anytime of the year. I always get a second glance from people, not on me, but on my Claret one :P
You wont be disappointed, like me.
Good luck and let us know what you decide to get!

hydemomo, I decided to keep my Claret and I'm glad I did... It is a rich color and pretty neutral, you can wear anytime of the year. I always get a second glance from people, not on me, but on my Claret one :P
You wont be disappointed, like me.
Good luck and let us know what you decide to get!

Thank you sheerstar for your quick reply:biggrin:

I decided to get the luggage/ gold because I found out it goes well with most of my outfits
But claret or red is definetely next on my list:balloon::balloon::balloon:

Ok I got my purple hamilton and honestly I'm a little disappointed by the color. I feel like it looks more like the color in the pics on line than the color in the catalog and I was hoping for the opposite. It looks like a dark rich purple in the catalog but I feel like IRL it's a dark purple but it's lacking something I don't want to say it's faded but it's not as rich of a color as I was hoping for.

Here's a pic with flash I feel like with the flash it looks darker than it is IRL and is closer to the color in the catalog.
IMAG0248.jpg

Here's a few pics with out flash under a direct light I feel like the color in the middle of the bag near the lock is truest to how it looks IRL.
IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG02382.jpg

I'm kind of 50/50 on it, I love the style but I'm not loving the color. I also wanted to pick the brains of those who have hamiltons and find out do they stay true to color over time or do they darken with age? Most leather tends to darken as it ages which has me thinking if I keep it, it might darken and be the color I was hoping for. However with colors some leathers fade. So how do the hamilton colors hold up over time? Do they stay true to the color from when you first got them or do they darken/fade over time? Or should I go for a staple color like black? Also another side question how often dose MK switch the hardware colors? It seems like a few bags have gold while most of them are silver, dose this vary with season or do they only make select colors with gold?

I just got this handbag myself last week!
I love the color!
I had a hard time making up my mind though!

Did you keep it?
I haven't totally unwrapped mine yet.

This is my first Hamilton - do the shorter handles soften up so that they drop and not stay standing up straight?

I just got this handbag myself last week!
I love the color!
I had a hard time making up my mind though!

Did you keep it?
I haven't totally unwrapped mine yet.

This is my first Hamilton - do the shorter handles soften up so that they drop and not stay standing up straight?

I ended up returning it. I realized the reason why I didn't like the color is because it's a cool purple with a blue undertone. It looked diffrent in the pictures in the mailer I got they looked darker and more red undertones gotta love photoshop!

Hi everyone,
I have looked at all beautiful Hamiltons discussed and revealed and also at gorgeous PADLOCKS Hamilton collection, so now i want one too :biggrin:
Maybe someone knows if any european online retailers carry Hamiltons?
I don't know if i'm in the right place with this question... If no, let me know where to ask! :help:

Questions...is the black/gold hardware Hamilton satchel on its way out? I ask because I don't see it available on many websites. I doubt it would be on its way out, but you never know. I saw a Hamilton (padlock style) at the MK outlet yesterday, and there are Hamiltons popping up at TJ Maxx/Marshalls, so I just had to ask! Thanks!