Questions about the mayfair....

1. hi, since a lot of you showed pics of your mayfair im slowly falling in love with this bag!!! :p

but before i go ahead and make an impulse buy id like to know a couple things first:

1. ive always thought the mayfair looked like a realy big clutch, and i think id rather carry it as a clutch, so the the question is "are the chains detachable?"

2. this 2nd question is more of a poll : i know 4 colors of mayfairs, white(or cream), black, teal, and grey. which is ur fave color?

3. how much stuff can you carry in this bag? i think a lot of you complained that when you put a lot of stuff in it, it tilts to one side and the flap seems to open...

4. this question is for mayfair owners: ever since receiving the mayfair, how many times have u actually used it? and to what occasions?

thanks so much guys!! sorry its a lot of questions but ive never actually seen the mayfair IRL so id like to know what u guys think beforehand... TIA :flowers::flowers:

2. 1. ive always thought the mayfair looked like a realy big clutch, and i think id rather carry it as a clutch, so the the question is "are the chains detachable?" no, they're not- but i carry mine like a clutch and let the chain hang down... i think it looks cute like this.

2. this 2nd question is more of a poll : i know 4 colors of mayfairs, white(or cream), black, teal, and grey. which is ur fave color? GREEEYYYYYY, then teal (which i love and have), then black and lastly white/cream. i would die if this bag comeout in plum!

3. how much stuff can you carry in this bag? i think a lot of you complained that when you put a lot of stuff in it, it tilts to one side and the flap seems to open... i can fit a zip clutch, cell phone and a small flat cosmetic bag. i think it looks fine- if you don't want it to bulge you just have to keep in mind to only fill the bag to the fold.

4. this question is for mayfair owners: ever since receiving the mayfair, how many times have u actually used it? and to what occasions? i've used it a lot. to shopping, work, out at night, etc. i think its a funky, versitle bag.

3. I agree monkeedmafia, all this talk of the Mayfair lately has got me interested in this bag myself. But don't know cause I tend to carry more than what would fit in a clutch style bag, so may not be a realistic choice for me. But keep us posted on what you decide.

4. 1. ive always thought the mayfair looked like a realy big clutch, and i think id rather carry it as a clutch, so the the question is "are the chains detachable?" No, they are not detachable

2. this 2nd question is more of a poll : i know 4 colors of mayfairs, white(or cream), black, teal, and grey. which is ur fave color? Teal all the way! It's more "MJish." IMO, the black looks too much like a Chanel wanna-be. (And I own a black Chanel classic flap, lol.) I'd advise trying to get a more distinctive, fun color if possible. Are there new colors coming out for spring????
    [​IMG]

3. how much stuff can you carry in this bag? i think a lot of you complained that when you put a lot of stuff in it, it tilts to one side and the flap seems to open... It's a small bag and doesn't hold much. I use my short compact wallet with it, rather than my long checkbook wallet. Plus a small cosmetics bag, keys, BlackBerry, small sunglasses case.

4. this question is for mayfair owners: ever since receiving the mayfair, how many times have u actually used it? and to what occasions? I love my Mayfair, but IMO, it's not useful as an "everyday" bag for working women. I consider it a cute bag for when I don't need to carry much--shopping, going out to dinner, going to bars, etc. I carried it along on a weekend in New York over the holidays, and it was perfect.

5. ^^ cosmo, i just wanted to add that while the bag may not be ideal for certain types of "working women" please remember that not all working women are in a office type setting. i curator at an art studio in ny and this bag is completely acceptable work wear for me.

i do agree about the color schemes though- the black is pretty- but not enough oomph for this funky little bag!

6. 1. ive always thought the mayfair looked like a realy big clutch, and i think id rather carry it as a clutch, so the the question is "are the chains detachable?" Nope

2. this 2nd question is more of a poll : i know 4 colors of mayfairs, white(or cream), black, teal, and grey. which is ur fave color? GREY, I love mine!!

3. how much stuff can you carry in this bag? i think a lot of you complained that when you put a lot of stuff in it, it tilts to one side and the flap seems to open... Gucci wallet, Blackberry, keys, cosmetic bag, Orbit gum

4. this question is for mayfair owners: ever since receiving the mayfair, how many times have u actually used it? and to what occasions? EVERYDAY, I wear it to school and parties, but I'm a student

7. I haven't worn mine yet but I can't wait. And I have to disagree with you Cosmo....about the black being a "chanel wanna-be"....I think it looks very unique and MJ in whatever color you choose. I happen to love the black and Chanel never came to mind when I first saw it. I prefer the Grey...but I think the black looks absolutey gorgeous in the Mayfair. Teal, for me is gorgeous, but doesn't go with my wardrobe. It's all a matter of personal preference.

You got me all paranoid now thinking others will be thinking I am trying to rock a wanna-be Chanel bag :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

8. I LOVE this bag, but I have not pursued her since I saw her IRL. Although it was even cuter IRL, it was suddenly apparent that I would never use her because of her size. My Plum Kid is as small as I can go, so keep this in mind if you tend to carry a lot.

9. I love the teal, but would have nothing to wear it with. I think you should get a color that you can wear with most of your outfits. GOOD LUCK!

10. Thanks everyone for their input!! :tup:

now im thinking i shud get it :rolleyes: but my only concern is that i wouldnt get to wear it as often as i want to..

im still in school, and the only place i can think of wearing it is to parties
    and another thing is the chain, im 5'2 do u think i can wear this cross body?

11. Nope, I'm 5'2 and no way I can wear it it cross body

12. *bump* great thread!

13. 1. ive always thought the mayfair looked like a realy big clutch, and i think id rather carry it as a clutch, so the the question is "are the chains detachable?" NOPE

2. this 2nd question is more of a poll : i know 4 colors of mayfairs, white(or cream), black, teal, and grey. which is ur fave color? GREY (THO TEAL IS YUMMY TOO)

3. how much stuff can you carry in this bag? i think a lot of you complained that when you put a lot of stuff in it, it tilts to one side and the flap seems to open... I USE THIS AS AN EVERY DAY BAG SO ALL MY ESSENTIALS

4. this question is for mayfair owners: ever since receiving the mayfair, how many times have u actually used it? and to what occasions? ALL KIND OF OCCASIONS, I'VE BEEN WEARING THIS BAG A LOT

:smile:

14. ^ i love the fact you say you can use it as an everyday bag joke!! do you use a ZC in it or another wallet?? could you do a guts post?