Questions about the Edith bag

There is a small Chamois at Saks in Beverly Hills. Cindy - 310-275-4211. I just spoke with her less than an hour ago and they are still open. They also had a large Whiskey.

Thanks for the leads! I want the medium.

Cindy at Saks was very nice but she told me in no uncertain terms that this bag DOES NOT fit over the shoulder..

I keep hearing mixed things on this... what do you ladies think?

BalenciagaLove said:
Roo, the Nordstroms at FVM is supposed to get some Ediths. I don't know how long their waitlist is. But here's their number 619-295-4441. My SA there is Laura Reyes. She's very nice and sweet.

I returned my chamois edith to FVM's NM. I didn't see it the last time I went there, but occassionally, I see the chamois edith sitting on the shelves, so you might be in luck. Their number is 619-692-9100. My SA there is Debra. I forget her last name, but she's a complete doll, very sweet older lady.

Good luck! The Chamois is an absolutely beautiful color, she just didn't go with a lot of clothes I wear.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that these were for the medium Ediths, not the large. I couldn't tell from your post whether you wanted the large or the medium.

I just called Nordstrom.

The SA told me the ENTIRE CHAIN OF STORES is only getting

FOUR (yes 4) EDITHS :wacko:

She even laughed rather sarcastically when I asked about getting one..

Uh, I think that even if they DID get one, they won't be getting my money after THAT exchange..

(BTW, Laura was not there, spoke to someone else!)

I'll keep trying, the Saks gal was really nice so we'll see. I am at the point where I ready to buy one from Roz and call it a day! :nuts:

Thanks everyone for your help!

Roo said:

Cindy at Saks was very nice but she told me in no uncertain terms that this bag DOES NOT fit over the shoulder..

I keep hearing mixed things on this... what do you ladies think?

I think it depends on the size of your upper arm and shoulder. I can get it on my shoulder without a jacket on - its a tight fit and one handle falls off because the bag is "fat" due to all my stuff. However, this is definately a hand/arm carried bag for the most part - can't count on being able to use your shoulder! :biggrin:

Roo said:
I just called Nordstrom.

Uh, I think that even if they DID get one, they won't be getting my money after THAT exchange..

I'll keep trying, the Saks gal was really nice so we'll see. I am at the point where I ready to buy one from Roz and call it a day! :nuts:

Thanks everyone for your help!

I think they are getting more in July - my SA told me that the Chloe buyer at Nordstroms had no idea the edith was going to be the "it" bag. Guess she doesn't read ANY fashion mags!

cougess said:
I think they are getting more in July - my SA told me that the Chloe buyer at Nordstroms had no idea the edith was going to be the "it" bag. Guess she doesn't read ANY fashion mags!

Thanks for the info. I am the kind of person that when I get treated that way, I get stubborn and would rather go elsewhere... I have a SA here in Seattle looking for me too, so we'll see what happens.

Also, funny about that Nordy buyer.. usually they are very on top of things. They had some Fiore Katie Holmes bags (the original ones) and the SA I know told me they sold out in two hours. So that buyer must have had a clue :P

not to confuse you, but you should consider the large edith in chamois. i tried someone else's small and did not think it looked good over the shoulder. it is a very tight fit if you have thin to medium arms and looks nuch better as a handheld bag. i then tried someone's large edith in chamois and it is an EASY shoulder fit. it is very large, but looks fantastic if you can pull it off. also, chloe is not going forward with chamois for next fall season. they are continuing the whiskey and if you llike chamois, get it while you can. whiskey will be selling next season as well. i am dreaming large edith in chamois...

Chaussure,

I am 6 ft tall and 170 lbs (size 14) so I can do the larger bags. This winter I carried one of the Banana Republic Bloomsbury Pocket Totes. So I am not by any means a "little" girl.

I just worry the large will be TOO large and after seeing what an ordeal it is to get one of these in the first place, I want to make sure I get the right one. What do you think?

Thanks again to you all for your help! :love:

Roo, the medium is not a small bag by any means. Contents wise, it can fit a lot. But if you're looking for a shoulder bag, the medium will definitely not serve as one. I have small, muscular arms and can put Edith on the shoulder to get her out of the way if I need to, but not for a long period of time. And as Cougess mentioned, one handle always falls down.

If you are going to carry a lot then the large might be better for you. I don't need a bag for work purposes... it's merely a fashion accessory that holds my essentials! :biggrin:

Since the only Chamois Edith's available right now are large, if I were you I'd have one sent to guage the size. If it isn't right, you can always return it and wait for the medium.

roo, i am 5'7'" , size 4, tall and thin, and i easily carry a bal work size. i personally thought medium edith was not a good shoulder option altho it does sorta fit on me. the large is fabulous! it is larger than a bal work, but i think it looks great . since this is a big purchase, i am still deciding what to do. however, i would only get large edith. i played with both medium and large and definitely rejected medium for me since it is more hang on arm type. if you feel comfortable with big bags go for it! i would not carry it on the same day as a brief case . you can put work and personal stuff in it . hope this helps you!!

Ok, ladies, I can't thank you enough for all your help. If there is ANYONE here who has the LARGE Edith, would you mind posting a photo of yourself wearing it over the shoulder? This will give me a good idea just how big it is- since I am still really torn. I could use the medium and not use it on the shoulder, but if I am going to spend that kind of coin I'd like something that is versatile. THANKS so much! I can't tell you how helpful you all have been.

Roo said:
I just called Nordstrom.

Wow, I'm so sorry about them being that way! They were so nice when I was there. How awful! I wouldn't spend my money there then. I find it hard to believe that the entire chain is only getting 4 Ediths. That seems a bit low. Did you get the name of the person that you talked to? It sounds like they need some recalibrating.

As far as it fitting over the shoulder, the medium barely fits onto my shoulder. Unless you have very small arms, I can't foresee it fitting on your shoulder either. I think Eskimo is the only person I know that can easily fit it over their shoulder. If you want something comfortable to wear on your shoulder, the larger size is definitely the one for you.

Are you dead set on the chamois? Have you considered any of the other colors? I think SoCal had the large edith and posted some pics here too. I believe hers was a chamois.

Roo - yes, chloe_concord and Socal posted pics of the large chamois Edith - and chloe_concord has some large whiskey pics too. If you do a search on the threads they started you can find their pics easy! (about 2-3 weeks ago) Also, the large chamois circulates on NM online frequently - I just bought and cancelled one last weekend. Use code BEST and get free shipping just to check it out!