Jimmy Choo Questions about hardware and a couple of other ?

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
1. What metal is used for JC hardware?
2. Does it tarnish and or lose it's color?
3. What conditioner do you use if any?
4. Does JC do repairs on bags?
5. Is there a source in one place like LV, MJ, Gucci experts on ebay or anywhere?
A place that has a number of bag pics fake vs. real etc.

Thanks for your help. It's just embarrassing to keep asking about things that I can't seem to find the answers to and I really need to learn before I buy.

This is me on my learning voyage:wtf:(stunned)

There is an thread for authenticity under Jimmy Choo in TPF. Also you can compare pictures from the Jimmy Choo Website to a picture of what you want to purchase. As far as the metal goes...it depends on what style you get. Some times it is gun metal...or antique brass...or bright gold-tone hardware.

The other gals on this website should be able to help you with your other questions. Jburgh or robynbenz might be able to answer the rest of your questions.

I hope this help some.

Varied_obsessions:

1. What metal is used for JC hardware?

Plated steel, or cast and polished brass

2. Does it tarnish and or lose it's color?

I have not owned one long enough to determine this. I believe there was a post ages ago where someone bought a bag and the finish on a part of the hardware tarnished a little. Just keep it clean and polish with a soft lint-free cloth.

3. What conditioner do you use if any?

Many people will tell you not to use anything on your bag. I use AppleGarde protectant for leather and suede. But never on patent, nubuck or exotics. I have not had the occasion to use my Apple leather lotion on a Choo bag. But have used it on dry Balenciaga goat bags.

4. Does JC do repairs on bags?

Yes. You must have a receipt showing it was purchased from their boutique. You can also take it back to a department store, like Nordies or NM, or Saks as long as you have a receipt proving you bought it from that store.

5. Is there a source in one place like LV, MJ, Gucci experts on ebay or anywhere?
A place that has a number of bag pics fake vs. real etc.

We have a Choo hall of shame in our forum. In addition there are some sticky threads in our forum that have guides to spotting a fake in the more common bags. This is a sensitive issue, since the more detailed information you give about fakes, the more information the faker is armed with to produce a fake and take your money.

Thanks for your help. It's just embarrassing to keep asking about things that I can't seem to find the answers to and I really need to learn before I buy.

Yes, lots to consider. Unless you buy the bag from an authorized retailer, you are pretty much on your own. eBay is risky unless the seller can provide you with a receipt from a store.

This is me on my learning voyage:wtf:(stunned)

We were all there at one time.

I just want to say GOODLUCK Varied_obsessions! You're in good company and everyone here will be more than glad to help out. You will learn a lot. Hats off to Jburgh - as always!!:welcome: She's the first one who took my hand. :blush:

^I agree! Jburgh always seems to go above and beyond when answering questions. She doesn't just give a generic this will suffice response, but she gives detailed facts that we all appreciate! :tup:

So, in case anyone hasn't told you in the last 24 hours...you're pretty awesome Jburgh! :smooch:(<-- that means I like you like you!) ;)

^I agree! Jburgh always seems to go above and beyond when answering questions. She doesn't just give a generic this will suffice response, but she gives detailed facts that we all appreciate! :tup:

So, in case anyone hasn't told you in the last 24 hours...you're pretty awesome Jburgh! :smooch:(<-- that means I like you like you!) ;)

Group Hug!!!! :woohoo::choochoo:haha! Here's another one jburgh!! :smooch: And just for the record - I like you too Stinker!!:love:

I want to join in on the group hugs and kisses!!:love::wlae:
I understand how hard it is to give specifics when you KNOW that the :cursing:"Fakemasters":cursing: are reading and learning as well. It's scary though when you really need to learn and folks are so paranoid to give you answers that they really can't/don't help.:crybaby:

I TRULY appreciate that you gilrs have opened your hearts and knowlegde to me, a newbie to this board and this brand.:heart:
Many many thanks and I can't wait to contribute my knowledge on this brand. :woohoo:

Best,
Connie