question

hunnipoo

Oct 21, 2006
i am very impatient and very spontaneous so i tend to put my expensive bag purchases on my cc .................so i was just wondering, do you guys save up for your bags or like me put them on your cc?

-i am a student, w/ a part time job, but LOVE bags... and am a bit impatient, too... i know all this talk about paying off in full might dampen your mood, but i would also recommend NOT charging EVERYTHING on your cc -it's a large bulk charge, and you'll be slowly paying it off, and end up paying more for it in the end (because of interest)

since i understand your situation, perhaps i can offer what i do in order to get new bags. since i'm not blessed w/ a large bank account (too many school bills!!) but, i will at least try to save up a good amount $ for the bag i want -anywhere from half to two-thirds the price of the bag. THEN, i will charge the bag, knowing that i can put that bulk amount toward the bag when the initial bill comes. then, i make an allowance for myself that i must pay on the cc bill for 2 or 3 months after that on the remaining amount, as to not let the it recurr on my cc, racking up a bunch of interest.

SORRY, that was quite detailed... hope i got the point across! but having all that cc debt at once is hard to pay off, especially when its around 2000 dollars! good luck!