Question: What is your parttime job for extra cash?

devoted7

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
Hello Gals,
I just wanted to know who is a SAHM in this message forum and wanted see if you have an extra side job to support your spending habbits. For me, I stay at home to take care of 2 daughters (ages 1 & 3).

For extra spending money, I do Permanent Makeup at an exclusive Spa in my town. I've been doing this for over 6 years and its like a hobby, but I get paid. Its great because I just work about 2 days a week and by appointments only. This also gives me the time to get away from home and enjoy servicing others besides my kids, hehehe.

I'm a freelance translator. I translate documents from French, Spanish and Russian. I have a full time job & I'm going to grad school, so I use the freelance money for fun stuff like travel and bags!

I used to work various odd jobs back when I was in college. My parents gave me spending money, but of course I wanted more. My part time jobs range from delivering pizza, handing out flyers, waitressing, and at last as a cashier at Safeway supermarket. I wasnt into designer bags at that time, well I was, but not bad like I'm now.

Now, I am working on my own full time. I have my own biz so the hours are flexible. The earnings from this is what I use to live/save/spend, etc.

What's a SAHM?

Pre NYC, i was a SA to make extra money to shop... but it backfired because i also shopped at the store i worked at AND my usual stores that i shop at... so i was spending double the money. The discount was GREAT though and so was the commission.

I'm in university right now. So other than my studies, I have a pt job at the bank :smile: I just quit working being a SA in a store, 50% discount was really hurting my new anti-spending rule

I work full time, and I'm a Senior Escrow Officer/Manager, good salary, great commission plan, but my purse money is my Notary money which brings me in about $1500 and up a month...becoming a Notary (which I had to do for my job) was the BEST thing I ever did.

My day job is TA, but I also do some freelance editing on the side for extra cash. I used to be a part-time SA but I definitely spent more than I made!