Question regarding authenticity of bags

sassyg1rl

Oct 26, 2006
Ladies/Gentlemen,

I've been reading a lot on TPF & I've noticed that quite a few state that if a bag has plastic on the handles, it's more than likely not real. Now, I recently purchased a LV bag from eluxury that had plastic on the handles. Does this policy apply to eluxury as well? Or only to purchases on ebay & sites like that.

Thanks for your help.

Samantha

The "plastic on the handles=fake" thing is sort of the myth. Some brands put plastic on the handles, some don't. Louis Vuitton does put plastic on the handles, but usually it's taken off at the boutique. That's why you never see plastic on the handles when you buy from there. If you buy something from Eluxury, it would still have the plastic, but that doesn't mean it's fake. Eluxury is the ONLY online store that sells authentic, new LV. They are owned by Louis Vuitton, so don't worry. Your bag is real! Enjoy it in good health!

The "plastic on the handles=fake" thing is sort of the myth. Some brands put plastic on the handles, some don't. Louis Vuitton does put plastic on the handles, but usually it's taken off at the boutique. That's why you never see plastic on the handles when you buy from there. If you buy something from Eluxury, it would still have the plastic, but that doesn't mean it's fake. Eluxury is the ONLY online store that sells authentic, new LV. They are owned by Louis Vuitton, so don't worry. Your bag is real! Enjoy it in good health!

Interesting. I never knew that...Thanks