Question on Daphne

1. Hi All -

I am hoping you can assist me.... my friend is looking for a Daphne Satchel in Pewter and I was going to get it for her. What is a good price to pay on this bag? I haven't seen them at the outlet and was looking at eBay. There is one there now for just under $500.

What do you think? Should I do it?

Thanks in advance!

2. They are hard to find. Not sure about the $500. My best guess, comparing it to the Vintage Carryall iss that the price is in the range for the seller to make alot of bucks. There is a demand for it from what I have been reading here so I think she might get about that amt.

You could call some outlets during the slow time of day and ask...

3. Well, the retail price for the Daphne's was $698. So you can kind of use that as your gauge. I bought a black Daphne off eBay last year and LOVE it. It's such a wonderful bag. I always get compliments on it when I carry it into Coach. *L*

4. I saw them at my outlet, but they were gone fast. I think lowest price was $350, but it took a couple of weeks for it to go to that price. Actually, the pewter may have even been gone before then. I would say that it is a good price because I think it was originally $600-$700.

5. There are some at the sawgrass mills, fl outlet for about $350. check your outlet!

6. ^^ Thanks! Will do - I checked Hershey, PA and Hagerstown, MD. No luck there but will call around. Great idea -- thanks!!