Question from a newbie Hermes lover

1. Hello!

This is my first time posting in the Hermes section as I probably won't be buying one of their beautiful bags until I'm a lot older and richer hehe.
    But I was wondering at the availability of the Birkins. Is is better to get them on eBay, where they go from $10,000 to $20,000 or can you buy them right from the Boutique? I heard there are really long wait lists, so maybe it is better not to wait and buy off eBay?
    What do you guys think?

Thank you, you all have amazing bags and I hope that some day I can get one:p
  2. Hi Glamazon!

There are lots and lots of threads about this very subject, so just scroll down through them and you'll find your questions answered right away!

To sum up my POV, if you need a Birkin NOW, then shop from one of the trusted recommended eBay sellers OR reseller sites from this forum because people get ripped off:

If you live near a store, visit it often and develop a relationship with a sales associate (SA). That is your best bet. But you need to be ready to buy when your dream bag is available because they don't come along every day.

You can get your collection going now and nurture that SA relationship by getting Hermes accessories. This is a good way to start learning about colors and leathers. As far as luxury goods are concerned, I think their pricing is reasonable, Especially since it is real leather, and is Hermes.

Good luck!!
  3. Thank you so much oregonfanlisa, I definitely have to do more research before I make a purchase!