Question from a jewelry newbie

chelle232

Dec 26, 2007
I don't wear wear jewelry that often, but wanted to get a simple 14 or 18kt ring. I'm familiar with Tiffany's since it's popular brand, but is the quality just as superior? Can anyone recommend any other brands to consider? TIA!

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. I appreciate it. I LOVED the Cartier rings, but may stick with Tiffany's. There was a simple ring I saw for $200. It seems to be the least expensive of all the brands mentioned. Don't think I can splurge much more at this time.

You might want to check out some less well-known designers. Page Sargisson and Zoe Chicco have nice gold rings, to name just a few. (Probably not for under $200, unless you go with something really small and simple.) Were you looking for a ring with a stone, or plain gold? Also, Ylang23 and Twistonline have a lot of examples, if you just like looking.

if you don't want to go designer at all, but still want a simple 18k quality ring, I'd recommend Blue Nile online. They're strictly web-based, but I've ordered from them in the past & love their stuff!