Question for those who areTRUE birkin lovers & have neglected kellys

I have both styles. At first I carried Kellys more. They are so feminine and iconic!!! Nowadays I have put the Kellys away and regularly carry Birkins. I would never part with the Kellys and will always love the style but find the Birkin more functional for my life right now (having a couple of small children).

Tamarind, you are so right...I do need to do this eventually. I have recently sort of figured this out, in doing the soul-searching as to why my Kellys are gathering dust...not that I don't love them, but I just don't have the right opportunities to wear them right now. Retourne would be great. Definitely black box.

I have a sellier Kelly from 6 years ago that spent years in its box, then last year I got some retourne Kellys and now I use them everyday. I still love my first Kelly and sellier has a special and very beautiful look to it but it is not easy for me to use everyday. I make a point of using her now and then though. I really hope you get your retourne Kelly soon as I have a feeling it would work for you just as it did for me.

Very interesting question. I have to agree with the members who say that you should buy a bag for NOW not the future. Who knows how you will feel down the road. Your taste for color/leather/hardware/style will probably change!

As a TRUE Birkin lover, I've realized that my Sellier Kellys are the perfect alternative to my Birkins. I think of my Birkins as retournee Kellys with double handles -- soft, expandanble, easy to use and making a statement. The think of my Sellier Kellys as more feminine, elegant and very special, since Box Calf and Croc Kelly sightings are far more rare than Birkins (real and fake) in my area. Remember that Kate Hudson's older lover in "Le Divorce" got her a Croc Kelly and not a Birkin.

The think of my Sellier Kellys as more feminine, elegant and very special, since Box Calf and Croc Kelly sightings are far more rare than Birkins (real and fake) in my area.

Do you think it would be too repetitive to have a black box kelly AND a black croc kelly? As in why buy one or the other when you have the one and can really take it anywhere?

^ No.................perfectly okay.......................

Thanks for the enabling, Socal!;)
I'm never a girl to tell myself "no, you can't have that" but black box with GH is just so classic! Yet I have a lot of black bags and want to be sure they each have an assigned use, KWIM? lol.

Sigh, this means I have to buy a 35cm in black box with GH. I like the bigger size.

I hardly use my kelly but I definitely don't regret getting it. It's a classic and there will be times when you will have an overpowering desire to use it and it'll be right there in your closet, waiting for you faithfully.

I hardly use my kelly but I definitely don't regret getting it. It's a classic and there will be times when you will have an overpowering desire to use it and it'll be right there in your closet, waiting for you faithfully.

This is so true for me too! I have several and I love each one dearly for its own reason and style. Couldn't ever sell any one of them.

Ingénue Sophie;2320346 said:
Do you think it would be too repetitive to have a black box kelly AND a black croc kelly? As in why buy one or the other when you have the one and can really take it anywhere?

I've got both, Sophie, in 32cm Sellier GHW. Honestly, I've tried to decide if I really need both and I change my mind frequently. Right now, the Box Calf is my current darling. But last week the Croc was. I go to theatre, concerts and opera on a regular basis and love taking the Croc Kelly. I can count on one hand how many times I've seen another REAL Croc Kelly when I'm carrying mine. The Box Calf is very elegant, too, but there's just nothing like a Croc Kelly. However, during the work week I feel the Box Calf is a better choice for me because it's elegant and subtle. So, each does have its assigned place in my Hermes collection.

Ingénue Sophie;2321020 said:
Well, what if you had a croc and a chevre kelly? Would you feel terribly guilty adding black box? lol. The hardware might be varied...but is it too much? Decisions, decisions!

OMG, Sophie, leave it to you to ask the really tough questions. Each bag has a very different look, so if it would please you to add another Black Kelly to your collection, go for it. You might want to choose a different size, smaller or larger, than your other Black Kellys. You do know, of course, that THE Hermes bag to have is the Black Box Kelly GHW, and until you've got that one in your purse closet you might be restless.

As a TRUE Birkin lover, I've realized that my Sellier Kellys are the perfect alternative to my Birkins. I think of my Birkins as retournee Kellys with double handles -- soft, expandanble, easy to use and making a statement. The think of my Sellier Kellys as more feminine, elegant and very special, since Box Calf and Croc Kelly sightings are far more rare than Birkins (real and fake) in my area. Remember that Kate Hudson's older lover in "Le Divorce" got her a Croc Kelly and not a Birkin.

Well put!!