Question for Swanky and other diamond experts

I'd guess they use IGI stones unless you ask for or order a GIA, I know Jared and Costco use IGI, it's too bad people don't know that it may as well not even be certified if its IGI they're so unreliable :sad:
The IGI stones are usually at least 2 levels lower than their certification claims.
So you may buy a 1 carat E VS1 and if you get it appraised it's VERY likely to truly be a .92 carat I color SI2. Which means you were overcharged for the diamond.:Push:
Better mall stores like Bailey Banks & Biddle will have better stones. . . that's why they're a "better mall store".
Zales and Kay do not cater to customers wanting ideal stones.

I'd guess they use IGI stones unless you ask for or order a GIA, I know Jared and Costco use IGI, it's too bad people don't know that it may as well not even be certified if its IGI they're so unreliable :sad:
The IGI stones are usually at least 2 levels lower than their certification claims.
So you may buy a 1 carat E VS1 and if you get it appraised it's VERY likely to truly be a .92 carat I color SI2. Which means you were overcharged for the diamond.:Push:
Better mall stores like Bailey Banks & Biddle will have better stones. . . that's why they're a "better mall store".
Zales and Kay do not cater to customers wanting ideal stones.

Thank you, I had no idea IGI was not as reliable. :confused1:

they might still. . . but I was at my local store 2 weeks ago and all I saw were IGI, also online that's what I think I saw on the majority of their stones:sad:
99% of people don't know any better. . . .

I actually checked with costco when we were looking for mine 8 years ago. Cause they had bragged about carrying GIA stones. They were still higher than our broker. Understand the heavy overhead costco has etc.
I look at their stuff in the store when passing. And was just "assuming' it was still GIA. You know what happens when we 'assume.'
You are right about most not knowing.