Question for Stella owners: shoulder strap pulling?

So I contacted Artbag and Margart's Factotum for quotes/estimates on the repair. And I'm going to wait until the seller gives me feedback; at that point, I'm going to contact her and ask her for a partial refund (like $50-100 depending on the quotes I receive) to cover the cost of the repair that is necessary. She listed the bag as in "excellent" condition, and I'd agree; every part of the bag is perfect, but this is a big deal, and I don't want that leather to tear, and I think it's fair to ask for enough money to cover that issue.

What do you guys think? I'm going to wait a few days and see if she gives me feedback. I already gave her positive feedback (stupid, I know) when I received it because I was so excited it was authentic, and I didn't notice the flaw until I took the bag out and about and carried it. But hopefully she'll give me feedback in the next few days, and then I'll ask her for some $$ back.

Opinions?

If you've already left positive feedback it will probably be pretty difficult to get any money back from the seller...unless she turns out to be really cool. You should definitely forward her copies of the saggy photos, and the estimate. This is all time (and extra money) and energy that should be spent enjoying your new MJ. How's the hubby handling The Attack of the Sagging Stella??

If you've already left positive feedback it will probably be pretty difficult to get any money back from the seller...unless she turns out to be really cool. You should definitely forward her copies of the saggy photos, and the estimate. This is all time (and extra money) and energy that should be spent enjoying your new MJ. How's the hubby handling The Attack of the Sagging Stella??

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: He's alright! He keeps looking at me and saying, "Are you sad?" "Do you want to sell it and try again?" And I'm like, "NO!! She's mine...she may be "special" but she's mine...and I'm not giving up on her yet!!" (this is wear I pump my fist in the air and make a triumphant face) He knows I'm bummed, but he also made an observation: "You're taking this really well...are you okay?" :roflmfao: I figure there's no point in getting B.O.O.S. (bent out of shape). If he could, I know he'd go knock on Marc Jacob's door and have him custom make me a Stella right then and there (there would probably be some force involved in that, and possibly firearms), and I know he just wants me to be happy. :heart:

You're right...she probably won't give me $$ back since I have no leverage...but maybe I can convince her by bribing her with a glowing review on tPF...something like that? I dunno. I figure it can't hurt to ask. If I were her, I'd do it, because I'm cool like dat. :supacool: So you never know. If she says "No," I'll keep my coolio and move on, I guess.

My friend and I were talking last night about getting into the stinky sock trade and making our handbag money that way. That option is looking better and better. :ninja:

You really are handling this well.... I respect you for that! You may not have any leverage, but if she was a decent person, she'd give you something to compensate the repairs. You could also follow up on your feedback about the handles.

New avatar for MPJ! This one cracks me up too.... Whenever hubby and I are faced by a unusually stupid situation, we look at each other and say "Matt Daaaa-mon" to get the point across.... :roflmfao::upsidedown:

It's quite impressive how both of you are taking this...and all with an unwavering sense of humor! :lol: Very touching how you're already really sincerely attached. You will miss it while it's away...imagine, perhaps, that it's off at a spa, with cucumbers over the pushlocks, enjoying a nice relaxing seaweed wrap. Very best wishes with this repair...

...your new avatar just startled me to death! :death:

It's quite impressive how both of you are taking this...and all with an unwavering sense of humor! :lol: Very touching how you're already really sincerely attached. You will miss it while it's away...imagine, perhaps, that it's off at a spa, with cucumbers over the pushlocks, enjoying a nice relaxing seaweed wrap. Very best wishes with this repair...

...your new avatar just startled me to death! :death:

YES!!! That's what I'll have to imagine...because I'll definitely miss her. I like the cucumbers. :roflmfao: Or as I like to call them, "CUKES!"

You don't like my new avatar? :upsidedown: It's Matt Damon from Team America: World Police. If you haven't seen it, you NEED TO!!! OMG, that movie is so full of quoteable material, it's incredible.

thithi -- That is too funny about you and DH!! :roflmfao::roflmfao: Another favorite quote: "This is my serious face." And of course, "I treasure your friendship." :roflmfao:

Hmmm i don't know. i don't think sellers like to give you a partial refund. i think they would rather take it back and offer you a full refund instead.... but i hope fixing it isn't going to be costly and that it works out since you're attached to it now.

your DH is wonderful for being so concerned that you're doing ok. i think alot of guys wouldn't even think to ask because to them it's just a bag... what a sweetie DH you have there!! Keeping fingers crossed for you!

So I got a quote from Artbag...$100 for the repair and $85 to polish the bag. WTF?! $185?! Is that exorbitant, or is it just me? I'm waiting for the quote from Margaret's Factotum, and if they're as high as Artbag, I'm just going to take it to Nordstrom and have the Bag Doc take care of it.

I'm actually starting to get really bummed.

Okay, I just had a little breakdown. So much for taking it well. I'm really sad now and I'm getting to the point where I just want this bag out of my hands. So I emailed the seller and asked her for either a partial refund to cover the costs of the repair (since the defect wasn't noted in the auction) or a return/full refund (less the cost of shipping). I'm hoping they'll do the decent thing and be nice and leave me good feedback and work with me to figure something out. If not, I'll get bad feedback and I'll be screwed. But I'm sitting here sniffling like a baby because I spent $469 on a bag I can't use and I can't afford to have it repaired.

I'm going to to take a nap.

YES!!!

You don't like my new avatar? :upsidedown: It's Matt Damon from Team America: World Police. If you haven't seen it, you NEED TO!!! OMG, that movie is so full of quoteable material, it's incredible.

No, no, it's not that I don't like it! I was just expecting the cute little turtley guy, not a freakish Matt Damon!! :lol: My PHH and I are actually really big fans of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, we just missed it in the theater, and it's become one of those movies that's on our list of things we keep meaning to see. Given your enthusiasm, we'll get to it sooner rather than later. ;)

Okay, I just had a little breakdown. So much for taking it well. I'm really sad now and I'm getting to the point where I just want this bag out of my hands. ... But I'm sitting here sniffling like a baby because I spent $469 on a bag I can't use and I can't afford to have it repaired.

I'm going to to take a nap.

Uh oh, I'm just reading the lastest developments and am so, so sorry that this saggy Stella situation is becoming such a mess, MPJ! Your first MJ should be making you happy, not sad!!! :cry: I really hope the seller is a trooper and offers you a refund so you can just try again. Granted, the version with the stripey lining is neeto...but I think that the fact that it sags indicates that something structural is wrong, and it might just be best to be rid of it. Poor bag! Poor MPJ! :crybaby: Please try not to be sad!! Hopefully things will all work out OK...

My DH took a closer look at the auction, and she states that she will do a refund within 7 days if she has misrepresented the item.

So I'm thinking I'll just ask her for a full refund and return the bag when she contacts me.

But I'm not going through this again. I can't! It's heartbreaking, as silly as that sounds. :crybaby: $469 is a LOT of money for me. This was a huge indulgence and a huge splurge.

I'm sad...I don't want any other Stella other than this one. I like the lining! It's really light! I'm thinking that if I even bother attempting to find another MJ on ebay, I'll get a black large Multipocket. I don't want to deal with the sagging problem.

Gah. :hysteric:

Sick4Marc and thithi -- What do you guys think? Return it for a refund? Or just attempt to get it fixed? Do you even think it IS fixable?