Question for Rolex owners, re: Oyster vs. Jubilee band

^^ Funnily how ladies either really love the oyster & hate the jubilee or visa versa. For me, the Oyster doesn't look nice on my wrist yet I see pictures here that it looks beautiful on others.

Coco, I'm out of the country (Canada) at the moment & won't be back till September. I didn't bring my watch to wear due to the fact I don't like dealing with Canadian customs when I go back home. It's a hassle if they notice the Rolex, higher chance of being questioned by them & then the lugguage search.

Anyhow, it's a black dial; I find dirt/sweat marks show more easily on the crystal face. I wanted to switch the dial to rose gold half an hour after purchase but the owner refused, saying they had already registed my name to that watch to the Rolex head office. It was a very high end well known watch store in Hong Kong too, so I guess in HK, make sure that is what you want because there is no switching/return afterwards.

I think the rosegold dial is a little bit understated because it matches the bezel & band but it is very very beautiful and classy. Another regret of mine....heehee.

I'd love to see your white dial with rose gold roman numerals, I like the roman numerals over the markers as well. Waiting is a pain but it's worth the wait since you'll be wearing something you love for years to come. What size did you decided on??

Another question, a friend of ours knew the owner so we got a very good deal (??). I paid $7,125 USD as oppose to $8,250 USD retail for mine last year in HK; I'm wondering, is Rolex less expensive in US? My brother thinks so because I gave him a quote for the Submariner & he said he could get a much better deal in NYC so I always have this question in mind. I always thought watches are much better priced in HK because we don't need to pay taxes here.

Thanks for the info Sunny! I agree about the black dial.... I had considered that as well but thought the white/rose would be easier to read.
I think you can get some very good prices in the US. I live in NY and am ordering the watch from a jeweler in CT, so there will be no tax. If I go with the ladies size, no diamonds, it will be @ $5600. I may check the price of the same watch in mid size sometime next week, because I'm still having trouble deciding!

I forget what I paid for my rolexes. I can look it up but feeling lazy on this holiday! Does anyone know the price range of mid-size ss rhodium roman, jubilee and fluted? The other is two-tone ladies (not rose) jubilee and fluted but diamond markers on the jubilee face. I know they were about 15% off but does anyone know list price from 2009? Perhaps someone here bought similar ones recently and has a better memory than me!

I went through the same exact thing as you when I was buying my rolex.... My husband felt the same way, the jubilee is just more feminine, and I ultimately agreed that was the way to go, especially when already purchasing a larger/mens size watch the jubilee balances it out perfectly for a woman.

I forget what I paid for my rolexes. I can look it up but feeling lazy on this holiday! Does anyone know the price range of mid-size ss rhodium roman, jubilee and fluted? The other is two-tone ladies (not rose) jubilee and fluted but diamond markers on the jubilee face. I know they were about 15% off but does anyone know list price from 2009? Perhaps someone here bought similar ones recently and has a better memory than me!

I think the SS one is around 6K, I have the same watch but with smooth bezel and in the end of 2006 it was just shy of 5K (the fluted bezel is about 1k more and then almost 3 years of price increases., not sure about the two tone one though.

Thanks Lola24. The two-tone had to cost more as it has diamond markers. But it does not have MOP face. Anyone else know approx. price of ladies two-tone, jubilee and fluted with diamond markers? I'm guessing a little over 7K.

ET, this is OT, but is your beautiful wedding set in YG or WG or Platinum? It's hard to tell in the lighting of the pic. I am having a discussion in another thread about this..Thanks!

ET, this is OT, but is your beautiful wedding set in YG or WG or Platinum? It's hard to tell in the lighting of the pic. I am having a discussion in another thread about this..Thanks!

Hi chessmont. Love your avatar! Thanks for the compliment...it is YG. Here is another pic with the watch I FINALLY decided on! :biggrin: After much (understatement) looking and deliberation, I decided to go with the jubilee band with fluted bezel.

BlueDJ.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you! It's actually the men's size. I thought I could either go midsize with a light face or larger with the dark face...decided to go with blue since that was the original color that drew me in.

Hi chessmont. Love your avatar! Thanks for the compliment...it is YG. Here is another pic with the watch I FINALLY decided on! :biggrin: After much (understatement) looking and deliberation, I decided to go with the jubilee band with fluted bezel.

_Thanks, ET, my litter of pups from 2005 (minus one who already went to his new home)

HAHAHA understatement - and we were with you every step of the way!:yahoo:Any choice would have been perfect, it's a Rolex ;)