Question for metallic owners out there...

1. I have been contemplating the Argent Paddy for over a year now, and with my recent post about a nasty NM SA bashing on paddies, I think I may finally go for it and buy her (not from that witchy SA though).

I use Apple brand (not Appleguarde) on my LV vachetta and on my Paddy and it is an amazing product. The LV boutique actually recommended it to me because they use it on their bags in-store.

Anyhow, if I buy the Argent Paddy, is it OK to use the conditioner on it if I feel the urge to give it some TLC or is it not good to condition metallic leather??

Also, if you have Argent in either the Paddy or Betty can you share how it holds up?? This will be my first expensive metallic bag, so I want to make sure it is worth it.

2. I can't advice using the Apple products on the Metallics, certainly it can't hurt??:confused1:

My argent Betty has been used to death (I had her out tonight at a coffee bar) and up until recently I've noticed a "wear pattern" starting to develope on the handles and edges of the bag. It's lamb's leather and underneath the metalic coating the actual leather is black so I don't mind that color seeping through the argent coatingl? Clear as mud? IOW it's going to happen and you have to be laid back about it because truthfully it doesn't look bad.:tup:
  3. I have an aubergine metallic Paddy and have hardly used it but the colour is wearing off to reveal silver and in other places I can see black. I am really disappointed with it,but I supposed with Argent, the black and silver would not be noticeable.
  4. I was looking at a metallic betty and after going over it I decided it was wearing in too many places and looked really tatty. So for that much money I expected more. Sorry:tdown:
  5. i like how it's distressed and shows... but maybe that's just me.

6. If anything, I think the black showing through the metallic is actually even more noticeable on the Argent; as the difference between silver and black is greater than the difference between Aubergine and black and even between Aubergine and silver.

BTW, the 'undercoat' showing through is perfectly normal for all Chloe metallic leather (and most good quality metallic leathers, in general); not just the leather on the metallic Paddys.

For example, my mesh bags came from NAP with scuffs already on the leather and one of the scuffs on the Argent one already had a little black showing through.

It really doesn't bother me, at all, in fact, I quite like the 'decayed grandeur', vintagey look of it! :biggrin:

7. I wouldn't condition it, if I were you. :nogood:

Metallic leather has a coating and so the conditioner won't reach the leather anyway and all you are liable to do by conditioning it, is to remove the metallic coating in any weak spots.
  8. I have an argent paddy and I never conditioned it - but I did spray it with waterproofing stuff, and that in general, I think, helps it hold up in the rain.

I've had it a little less than a year and it's holding up great. Still looks (and smells!) like new.