question for j12 ceramic owners...

janny328

<3's chanel
Jul 20, 2006
im pretty positive a LOT of ya own em... (seems like we're always discussing bags and such tho!!)

well, i've ALWAYS wanted a white j12 ceramic with the diamond bezel -problem is; im just a working college girl... and not fortunate enough to have my mom or bf pick one upp for mee :]

i didnt want to settle and get the basic model, i figured id just save -but theres a HUGE difference btw 3500 and 9000-something!! (i'll be saving for a good minute...!) so, ive had thoughts of just settling and getting the basic model ---> BUT, have heard that you can always get the diamond bezel from chanel later on, and have it replaced

-is this true?? eeep HELP

janny328 said:
BUT, have heard that you can always get the diamond bezel from chanel later on, and have it replaced

I have never heard this. It is worth a call to Chanel for sure.

I have the diamond bezel J-12, but I like the plain one too. You're right there's a HUGE difference in price between the two. If I were in your position I'd get the ceramic watch with plain bezel.:yes:

I have the J12 large with diamond markers - its plain but has a little something. There is also a new style with the inner watch circle covered w/diamonds. And the black model with ruby markers.

janny328 said:
im pretty positive a LOT of ya own em... (seems like we're always discussing bags and such tho!!)

well, i've ALWAYS wanted a white j12 ceramic with the diamond bezel -problem is; im just a working college girl... and not fortunate enough to have my mom or bf pick one upp for mee :]

i didnt want to settle and get the basic model, i figured id just save -but theres a HUGE difference btw 3500 and 9000-something!! (i'll be saving for a good minute...!) so, ive had thoughts of just settling and getting the basic model ---> BUT, have heard that you can always get the diamond bezel from chanel later on, and have it replaced

Definitely call the Chanel store in BH--when I picked out mine I was deciding between basic or with the diamond bezel and I thought I had heard the SA say something to that effect as well. If they can't do it, you can always have a jeweler add the diamonds later if your warranty has expired (I can't remember if it's lifetime warranty or not). If you do it before expiration any modifications will void the warranty. I think the basic white model is quite lovely by the way!

This is true . I had a LONG conversation w/ the most adorable SA at Wynn Chanel about this . He told me I could get the basic and upgrade as my finances allowed . I'm positive .

SophiaLee said:
This is true . I had a LONG conversation w/ the most adorable SA at Wynn Chanel about this . He told me I could get the basic and upgrade as my finances allowed . I'm positive .

I wish SAs had the same information. I just spoke to an SA in Fine Jewelry who informed me that I couldn't add diamonds later on if I purchased the basic model.

I think I'm going to get the white with the diamond bezel. I really like the Camelia watches, but $18,000 is almost too much. :nuts: