Question for designer shoes and louboutin lovers...need help/advice =)

calisnoopy

Instagram @calisnoopy ❤️USC Football
O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
Just wondering...I know this topic has been brought up a couple of times but I was curious to know:

1. How many of you put on protective soles on the bottom of your Louboutins and designer shoes?
(And how many of you go the extra distance to find clear or red soles to match for your louboutins)

2. How many of you spray protectant on your leather, patent, special skin shoes before wearing them? And if so, how often do you have to reapply??

3. On a side note--any recs for a cobbler in Washington DC area to apply red/clear soles on the louboutins?
(or which brand to buy...Ive read conflicting good/bad reviews on different ones...)
has anyone tried vibrams?? i have them on my lanvins but not clear color...just regular dark/blk but one cobbler said they have the clear color vibram soles...just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with them?

Thanks so much!!!!

1. Never. one day when I need soles to be repaired after alot of wear then yes I will consider it.

2. Yes for satin and suede only prior to 1st time wear. (reapplication depends on wear but for most part yearly)

3. sorry dont know.

Can't help with your last 2 questions but I have never done anything to my soles. I've worn CL's for years and haven't had any serious problems with them. I am not currently willing to take the chance on destroying a new pair so no guidance as far as soles.

Yes, I put protectant spray on my shoes before I start to use them. Mostly only to leather ones (inc. suede etc), as it keeps them a little more safe from dirt and getting wet. But I don't apply it after that, because then it can change the colour of the shoes or even ruin them. I do this cause my mom told me to do so - as she has been working with fabrics since forever.

And I did put new soles to my shoes' bottoms, but not to protect them precisely - I want to wear my CL's during the winter and the original sole is waaay to slippery. So the cobbler changed them, but as there weren't no red rubber soles, he put black ones. And they don't look too bad (maybe some day I'll get them changed to red ones if I can find them somewhere) as I don't look the bottom of my soles too often :no2:

Just wondering...I know this topic has been brought up a couple of times but I was curious to know:

3. On a side note--any recs for a cobbler in Washington DC area to apply red/clear soles on the louboutins?
(or which brand to buy...Ive read conflicting good/bad reviews on different ones...)
has anyone tried vibrams?? i have them on my lanvins but not clear color...just regular dark/blk but one cobbler said they have the clear color vibram soles...just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with them?

Thanks so much!!!!

calisnoopy, there was a sidebar in either the Washington Post with the info on a cobbler in NY that DC people were sending their CL's to have the red restored. Apparently the CL boutique refers people there. I meant to tear out the information, but I still have the paper so I will look it up and post it.

1. How many of you put on protective soles on the bottom of your Louboutins and designer shoes?

I have only when I did not have as many shoes as I have now in rotation. This was long before my current Louboutin addiciton. They were on a pair of Guess? boots, Kenneth Cole sandals, and Guiseppe Zinotti sandals. I would only do it to my CLs when they are completely worn out. I have a light step and don't drag my feet, so even the ones that I have worn often are still okay.

(And how many of you go the extra distance to find clear or red soles to match for your louboutins)

I am not that anal about preserving the red. Sure, if they were widely available and I had a good cobbler, but it is not that big of a deal for me.

2. How many of you spray protectant on your leather, patent, special skin shoes before wearing them? And if so, how often do you have to reapply??

I only have done that with Uggs. Otherwise, I use no spray protectants.

Sorry, I don't have anybody there.

Thanks so much!!!!

Arty's Shoe Service in Manhattan does red rubber soles! The Louboutin boutique even knows who he is and the SA told me he does "amazing work." That's the best endorsement I've ever heard! I still have yet to get mine back in the mail but I got to see a couple finished products and they looked great!

Stay away from the ones on eBay... they're way too thick and look terrible on the dainty CLs!