Question? Do you wear your wedding ring on the outside or inside?

Someone told me that you wear your engagement on your right hand and when you actually get married, you move it to your left. I'm not married or engaged but any truth to that one??
That's what you do the day you get married-wear your engagement ring on right hand so husband can slip wedding band on your left hand during vowels. Afterwards you just transfer engagaement ring back to left hand. Otherwise it's traditional to wear engagement ring on left hand.

I wear my wedding ring closest to my heart and the e-ringto follow. You could also have your jeweler put sizing balls on the inside of your ring shank, this will help with the spinning.

Hey ladies,

I know that most women wear their wedding band with their engagement ring over top on their fingers, but have you ever seen someone wear their wedding band on top of the engagement ring?

Does it really matter? Does one way look better than the other?

I've always heard that the wedding band should be on the bottom- "closer to your heart."

I personally just wear my band most of the time anyway. When I do wear my engagement ring, I wear it on my right hand, separately from the wedding band.

~Ash

I wear mine on the inside of my engagement ring on my left hand. I have a friend who wears her wedding ring on the outside of her engagement ring on her left hand. To make this more interesting...I have friend from up north who wears her set on her right hand. My friend who wears hers on the left hand but on the outside said that her mother told her that's how you wear it. Same from the friend up north...can someone please enlighted me. Is it just a matter of choice or does it have to do with culture, family, tradition?

I wear mine on the inside of my engagement ring. I thought it was because it's closer to your heart:heart:

That's what I've been told...left hand on the inside...closest to your heart...your heart is on the left side of you body...you get what I mean. I just alway wanted to know what other people were told. I always get such interesting stories.:yes:

Inside, left hand. :love:

In Orthodox(Greek orthodox) weddings though they put the wedding ring on the right hand, and I've seen Greek women wear the engagement ring on their left hand alone. So maybe it has to do with religion and ethnicity as well?