Question: Cleaning a Vernis

1. I have done searches on cleaning LV's and have certainly learned a lot. It has helped maintaining my mono alma in great shape. What is the best way to clean a Vernis? Most of the methods I read here come with a big warning "NOT for use on Vernis". Is taking it to LV the only way?
  2. LV can't even fix Vernis. If you color transfer or something like that, you might as well just cry it out because it can't be changed.
  3. I've tried Magic Eraser once before on Vernis... it didn't do much, but it took off some small black marks...

I've also heard some people have used nail polish remover before...I can't say I recommend this only because I've never done it before..

Ask around and maybe some people will know!
  4. For color transfer and the like, you're pretty much out of luck. To clean smudges or grimey fingerprints, I use a slightly damp paper towel or cloth.
  5. If they are surface scuffs on the Vernis you can clean it with NON-acetone nail polish remover. For color transfer you're pretty much out of luck.
  6. PF rocks! Thanks for your input. Fortunately, this is not a color transfer case (thank God I always kept it in a dustbag and away from the darker colored bags), but some minor surface scuffs. I will try the non-acetone nail polish remover.